Second Skin Audio

Sound Deadening help Please

Ok so tomorrow I will be deadening my truck finally I am going to be doing the back wall of the truck and the doors and the Pillars for now. I am wondering from your guys experience what is the best way to do it. do i do all of the back wall or just parts and do i use a hair dryer or anything of that sort. i am going to thoroughly clean all the metal for a great stick. And the doors i see some people do the outside of the pannel where the speaker mounts. and some people do the inside where the back of the speaker is. should i do both or only one part of it. I have the new audio technix 60 mil please let me know what you guys did and what works best. thank you very much!

2001 GMC Sierra DC Audio Build =http://www.stevemead...o-level-4-build

2001 GMC Sierra

XSPower D3400

Pioneer AVHD 1400

​MB Quart Component Sets

Pioneer 5x4s

Audiotechnix Power Wire, Speaker Wire, Sound Deadener

DC Audio Level 4 10s

DC Audio 3.5k

Rocford Fosgate R400-4

HID 6k

Slammed Truck on 20s

Candy Blue.

try to focus on anywhere you are going to get metal on metal contact and parts that are flimsy and will vibrate easy.

a heat gun/hair dryer will make the material a bit more plyable and easier to work with but isnt always needed.

use a roller to press it all down so you will get full contact with the metal.

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

right also remember you want to use the material on big flat areas. and for the best results i would deaden both the inner and outer door panels. outer does the most for sound (in most cases) and inner is the icing on the cake and often can help speaker performance as well

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

.....go on.....i also need to deaden and have nooo experience.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

good spots to start at are front doors, trunk, roof, rear doors. then from there you can start doing the pillars and tear the car apart to do the floor.

i noticed a big difference in the front sound stage when i did the front doors and the front half of the roof. dont know what kinda car you have but i also used great stuff foam from walmart in the hatch door to add some weight and strenght to it along with sound deadener and it made a great difference.

i always suggest the front doors and roof because it help with the sound stage and then the trunk because it does help with the sq from the subs and knocks down a good amount of rattle on the inside and outside of the car.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Make sure to clean the metal surface first for maximum sticking results.

Audio-Technix doesn't need a heatgun, already sticks very well, all you need is a roller. I use a double sided pizza roller with one side small for small spaces, and a large side to roll over larger areas :)

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

i didnt have a rollor of any kind and so i used a bottle that was smooth.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Im drivin 2000 accord 4 dr.. I was gonna start from the trunk .. cause it rattles a lot!

I got only 20 sqft so I will put some on door if I have enough..

The roller was no problem cause there is all bunch of the at my company..

Was thinkin about heat-gun but not sure if its that much necessary ..

thanks for the input guys !! I will put some pictures 2morrow !

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

if there are hard to get corners use a heat gun besides that i would worry about that to much. but yeah if you only have 20sqft right now do the trunk lid and then listen for more rattles in the trunk and try to pin point all the bad rattles first.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets