Little System I did over the weekend.

Buddy of mine wanted to do a little system in his GF's car. So after collecting the gear, he finally dropped off the ride. Had Will come over and lend a hand on it, so he could help me fuck some chit up :D

Now typically when someone says they have everything to do an install, they might have 60% of what is really needed to do the job. My hats off to Randy for covering 95% of everything needed to do the job.

010-18.jpg

008-21.jpg

We started off with a simple Pioneer deck with steering controls.

009-19.jpg

Then added Some Crescendo mids to the doors. Over all I liked the product, however the speaker terms were a huge mis-step IMO. What we ended up doing to get them to clear was remove the push terms and do a direct lead

IMG-20120714-00636.jpg

IMG-20120714-00637.jpg

IMG-20120714-00638.jpg

IMG-20120714-00639.jpg

Next since it's a chicks car, we had to add some bling. Simple little acrylic ring with pink led's

IMG-20120708-00594.jpg

IMG-20120708-00595.jpg

IMG-20120708-00597.jpg

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Next we worked on running Power wire back to the amps. The Install kit can with runs of 4G plenty for the system. Found a grommet to poke the runs through. ended up running the wire in the frame rail to the rear seats.

012-19.jpg

Found a nice spot to put the fuse holders.

013-15.jpg

Simple mdf base, sealed, primed and painted.

251516_461709443868824_2104048472_n.jpg

Next part was to run the big 3.Not too hard to get too.

036-4.jpg

035-5.jpg

Also grabbed at the alt for the ground.

039-4.jpg

039-4.jpg

040-4.jpg

Now onto the battery connections. I had to mod one of the terms to work with the factory connection. It had a fuse block setup on it that I didn't want to me with.

027-3.jpg

028-4.jpg

030-5.jpg

034-6.jpg

041-4.jpg

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

After a little Second Skin added to the trunk and lid, It was off to the amp rack. Decided a resverse mount would look cool.

044-3.jpg

wrapped it in vinyl

047-4.jpg

Didn't get any of the box building. Nothing crazy about a single 15 and a pair of Aero ports. Did a front fire on it.

049-4.jpg

051-4.jpg

052-3.jpg

Then a little bling on the amp rack.

054-3.jpg

Took apart the bass knob to give it a personal mount.

014-14.jpg

The center console works.

015-13.jpg

Last was to add tweeters and some xovers.

These Soundstream ones aren't too pretty too look at. So it was time to try to hide them.

022-5.jpg

If you cut off the case you have a few options.

017-13.jpg

Got it to mount in the factory mount.

018-11.jpg

Little CA glue and its a wrap.

019-7.jpg

020-8.jpg

Then did a sim[le plate foe the x over.

023-6.jpg

Mounted in a dead spot behind the door panel.

024-5.jpg

Looks really nice. Simple and clean, I like it a lot!

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

So that's it for now. When it comes back I will add a little monogram picture on the back of the box. I need to find a sticker guy to do it. Then do a cover from end to end to cover the box and open space around it.

054-3.jpg

Archived