Second Skin Audio

VVME 12" ebay mystery subs 120.00 for 2 ?

detroitdb

Just see how well they hold up after like 20 mins of playing music and let us know.

ha iv played them for 2 hours straight to cycle my xs power d3100. i drive 1 hour to work every day and i blast it on the highway daily. they are holding up well. anyway heres some pics http://www.facebook....1&theater just a few notes it is 3 inch vc it does have dual spiders that are stitched together. that metal ring that we thought was bolted down is actually a plastic ring screwed down but honestly its not needed because that sucker is glued down pretty good but extra strength never hurts right. motor is solid and well built with plenty of cooling.

I'm not hating but nothing well built is going to be this cheap. I've never heard, ran, or even seen these subs before. I don't think I'm interested in them but that's just personal taste. I could see a couple people really interested in these though, :shrug:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I'm not hating but nothing well built is going to be this cheap. I've never heard, ran, or even seen these subs before. I don't think I'm interested in them but that's just personal taste. I could see a couple people really interested in these though, :shrug:

yeah they are fairly new. so far everyone trying them have liked them.its weird tho. that company makes alot, and i mean alot of other stuff to. i was fond of there hid kits. they are pretty good. they even make brake pads for 1-6 bux. teh scary thought there but they do hold up. i dont have the balls to use there brakes lol. heres there site. http://www.vvme.com/

anyway do you guys want me to upload a pic of the sub taken apart. i got a extra sub i bought to take apart to see the innards.

YES! Please post with a digital camera, with a tripod no flash, or no tripod and flash, macro mode on (closeup mode, should be the little flower) and at least 1-2mp

I am curious about these being able to be re-coned

These look like fun to play around with, would like to see some endurance testing on these.

I can't say I've ever seen a sub built like that in anywhere near that price range, lol I want to see one taken apart for fun, post up the pics,

Well consider how much markup there is on stuff. For example: HFI1000.1D is $300 + tax at frys ($330 something). Same amp on sonic is $130 shipped. No doubt in my mind that those still sell at a decent rate, or they wouldn't carry them.

So my point is, they probably cost less than $60 to make considering they have so many and are probably mass produced in such high quantity. (the more parts they buy, the cheaper they are).

They could also be over stock, dead stock, parts that have slight abnormalities (some extra glue, etc, etc)

I'd like to see some pics

+1

alright ill grab my phone and post em. give me a few min. what kinda endurance test you want?

Do you have a digi cam? Phone pics usually suck :\

20hz free air maybe?

Try different tones (25-60) and tell us what the peak is?

would love to know how these handle the low's

Again, could be dead stock/parts bought in mass quantities. They are from china IIRC. Stuff is WAY cheaper there. I get all my LED and SMD bulbs for $1-$2 shipped, FROM CHINA. That would cost at least $5-$10 or MORE per bulb here at a shop or store.

yeah they are fairly new. so far everyone trying them have liked them.its weird tho. that company makes alot, and i mean alot of other stuff to. i was fond of there hid kits. they are pretty good. they even make brake pads for 1-6 bux. teh scary thought there but they do hold up. i dont have the balls to use there brakes lol. heres there site. http://www.vvme.com/

We all know sony makes subs (crappy ones, comparatively) but I am pretty sure the sony's aren't THAT bad. Sony also makes home audio, TV's, monitors, computers (cases mostly) ipod docks ( I Think) computer speakers, amps, and I'm sure some other stuff I'm not aware of. All of those products are pretty decent and they make a lot. I'm assuming this is because they have bought out or went into other fields of production. It doesn't mean all their products are crap just because they make more stuff. It just means they aren't going to put as much devotion into the single product (like the enthusiast car audio brands)

I doubt sony makes a lot of profit on their subs and amps compared to TV's and home audio (TV's usually range $1000-ish, subs/amps $100-$200-ish, what would you focus on?)

With that said, I'm sure they are decent for the price and worth buying. But they aren't going to be up to par with the enthusiast brands for obvious reasons.

150+ on 4 of them is impressive, which should speak for itself.

I can't wait for mine to come in so I can do some testing.

As I said before, got a JL 12w3v3-4 I am going to compare it to as well as a performance teknique 12" sub that slams a bit harder than the JL and also has a spoke basket.

I've abused both subs for a while (zero or minimal clipping) but maxed out to their limits. So it should be pretty interesting to see how one of the VVME subs will behave. Its DVC so it should be noticeable louder instantly.

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

You seem dead set about getting them so just order then.even from china parts cost should still be higher than that. Id think on ferrite cost alone

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived