Second Skin Audio

VVME 12" ebay mystery subs 120.00 for 2 ?

detroitdb

I'm going to actually try to blow up one of the 10s on a JL 1000/1v.2

It might be pretty awesome, or it might do well. I'm switching it out with a JL 10w0v2 in a prefab ported enclosure, seems to be tuned around 36hz or so with the JL in it.

I havent been able to find TS specs either. As CleanSierra has said, most of what makes a sub sound good is the box. A very efficent well thought out box with a 20$ sub on 100 watts (think T-Line) will outpreform a more expensive sub, in a crap box, on 1000 watts.

Bottom line, no need to hate on them, so what if they're crap? They look beefy, and I got a good looking 10 for 42$ with free shipping. I'll probably spend more money on wood for the box if I decide to run these. lol

If you factor in glue and screws you sure will

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I'm going to actually try to blow up one of the 10s on a JL 1000/1v.2

It might be pretty awesome, or it might do well. I'm switching it out with a JL 10w0v2 in a prefab ported enclosure, seems to be tuned around 36hz or so with the JL in it.

I havent been able to find TS specs either. As CleanSierra has said, most of what makes a sub sound good is the box. A very efficent well thought out box with a 20$ sub on 100 watts (think T-Line) will outpreform a more expensive sub, in a crap box, on 1000 watts.

Bottom line, no need to hate on them, so what if they're crap? They look beefy, and I got a good looking 10 for 42$ with free shipping. I'll probably spend more money on wood for the box if I decide to run these. lol

Looked up that amp. It does 1000w rms at 1-4 ohms? is that correct? If so, I would not recommend wasting $42 doing that. I'm giving it 800 or so and it's at it's limits (especially with the stiff spider)

Also, the RD-12 (700w rms) is probably the beefiest. No doubt the 10's (especially with the stamped baskets) are weaker.

I don't see what doing that to the sub will accomplish :ughdunno:

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

I don't recall using "nonsencical science". Only comparison.

But I will look back and see what I posted.

Like I said, I'm just going by experience, conparison and price/performance (mostly this) and from what I've seem from forums, it's always fun to bash less expensive stuff to justify how much you spent on something (in the process, project this ideal on others as well) there is a term for this. Something about consumer regret or something.

To all other cheapasses: give this sub a try. For $60 I really think you can not get something of equal bang for even twice the cost.

For twice the cost I can get IVX's and E-12's..I don't see this sub performing anywhere near the level of either of those

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

It'll be fun, and let me know the limits of what I can do with the speaker.

At least try it with the spoke basket 10". the 12" would be even better

For twice the cost I can get IVX's and E-12's..I don't see this sub performing anywhere near the level of either of those

The e-12 is sundowns weakest sub, isn't it? Doesn't look that great.

400w rms - what's the actual clean wattage it can take? Cause I'm giving the RD-12 about 800 right now

A1G4_1298997679950612614Qq5zyXpor.jpg

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

id take the sundown over those any day lol.

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

id take the sundown over those any day lol.

Have you heard a RD-12? Or just guessing it's crap because it's only $60?

Archived