Excessive Amperage Alt **Tested @ 239a this morning**

Mechman talked to me like im a moron.. Fuck that.

I had my mechman "425a" alt repaird.. Goig to send it back and see what they can clamp out of it..

Get this.. He said its a 425a alt... When i aske what they clampe out of it i got " oh we cant really get accturate numbers over 3xx amps.." Figure that out..

easy dude... please..

just say what you like..... i know some times the bad can be bad,... but,..

just plug what success you have had,.......... and your rolling for sure!!!...lol...

i dont like..."ripping" on companys.. but commong.. if you cant clamp what an alts rated for... how the fuck can you rate it?! i paid ALOT for the alt at the time..

when i first got it in, i had an aq3500.1 at 1ohm and with 6 G31 batts i was dropping to mid 12s. that was my first concern.. they proceded to tell me its the rest of the system not the alt. ( alt also did fuck all till about 1200rpm)

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

I like EA and Singer when I was in the market they both put up with all of my questions and I ask a shit ton of questions :lol2: but Mike and Nate were always extremely helpful and responsive if I hadn't found an Ohio Gen 275a I would've ended up with one of theirs. Mechman and DC were way out of price range so I never gave it a shot to get in touch with them.

As for Power Bastards I think Adam (HatersGonnaHate) had one and he had a terrible experience with IIRC

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

ive had problems with my singer alt ever since i got it.... but the customer service i have received from mike has been nothing but top notch... i messaged him at close to midnight.. and still got a response.. the problems being fixed as we speak

you get an answer that late becasue hes in his shop making loud vehicles that late LOL

i went to his place to install my alts.. and he was working and answering emails

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

I had a bad experience, and somehow communications went blank. Then when I heard back I was able to get the issues sorted. I like Singer, there were problems but he fixed it, and made sure I ended up happy.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

ill let you know what shakes down. i didnt mean to start a flamage war i was more concerned with possibly getting a case swap when the ole monte kicks the bucket.. i know i had come across a scenario like that before and was wondering if anyone else knew of said "swappage". but i will say i appreciate then "reviews"

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

ive had problems with my singer alt ever since i got it.... but the customer service i have received from mike has been nothing but top notch... i messaged him at close to midnight.. and still got a response.. the problems being fixed as we speak

you get an answer that late becasue hes in his shop making loud vehicles that late LOL

i went to his place to install my alts.. and he was working and answering emails

pretty much my point lol he cares about his customers enough to answer e-mails as quickly as he can... with my question for example he could have easily waited till the next day to answer me.. true character right there and shows that mike is truely good people

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

I'm not sure how you would load test a 300+ amp alt let alone a 400+ amp alt. Do you realize what kind of heat the load tester would have to dissipate to test that? try this, find a 5000 watt light bulb and see how close you can get to it, that alt is putting out 14.4v at 400+ amps, that is over 5000 watts of heat dude.

edit

typo

ill let you know what shakes down. i didnt mean to start a flamage war i was more concerned with possibly getting a case swap when the ole monte kicks the bucket.. i know i had come across a scenario like that before and was wondering if anyone else knew of said "swappage". but i will say i appreciate then "reviews"

you didnt. people posted their opinions. its a fourm. we help others and help others not get screwed.

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

So i called around. Mechman and Excessive are right around the same price point. I called Ohio Gen and needless to say meh.. anyway I was a couple bucks more for EA llike 10-15 bux so i went with them. A few dollars more for great cs is beyond worth it. He said he should have it out by thurs or so..

Im pumped. Its $$ I didnt need to spend but if my alts gonna die.. might as well

Ill put of pix n such when it comes in :P

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

dont forget to do Big 3 in 1/0 when you install the new alt.

/cheers

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Archived