I used the wrong engine oil. how big a deal?

From what I've been told on the Caddy forums I can even use 10w30 Shell Rotella, is heavy duty oil for Diesel but works fine and actually helps protect the engine of high mileage cars. I personally switched to Valvoline NextGen Max Life, its 50% recycled oil :shrug:

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

From what I've been told on the Caddy forums I can even use 10w30 Shell Rotella, is heavy duty oil for Diesel but works fine and actually helps protect the engine of high mileage cars. I personally switched to Valvoline NextGen Max Life, its 50% recycled oil :shrug:

It just has more detergents and additives in it. The newer diesels don't need the real heavy thick goo anymore. I never paid any attention to that before that's cool. I use Motor Craft for fords with engine warranty and Quaker State for the ones that don't have warranties. Used Quaker State for 35 yrs now haven't jump around much lol.

Honestly, if it were me... Drain and refill. I'd rather be safe than risk engine issues. OIl is only a couple bucks

10w-30 wont cause any issues bro... Its not that much different than 5 is just dont jump in a cold car and romp the throttle and you should be alright :)

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Honestly, if it were me... Drain and refill. I'd rather be safe than risk engine issues. OIl is only a couple bucks

There is a risk to changing oil too often. When you change your oil your sump drains and the engine runs a few seconds with no oil while it's priming, which causes a bit of wear. Changing at 3k isn't always a great idea. The high end viscosity is the same, and he wont' have any issue with it being a little thicker, especially with all those miles. That engine is a bit looser than it was new.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Archived