Don't mean to thread jack but as an addition to this review, I would like to say that Russ is a real cool guy. Very down to earth and easy to communicate with. I have a few of his products and must say they perform very well. And pricing is always nice to say the least. So just follow the link stated and drop him a line or 2 and he will get back with you quite soon..

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

he needs an online store. i dont like doing the email thing.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

he needs an online store. i dont like doing the email thing.

Maybe I can have him work on that ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I agree with Nate about the online store. Email was a hassle when going back and fourth over several days and wanting the stuff ASAP. Took quite a few emails of asking for prices and options and what he has in stock. Not happy to see the FLO RCAs out of stock. :( Would have been nice to order it up off a website or phone call in one shot. He also needs a US distributor so shipping isn't so expensive. USPS flat rate boxes would be ideal for shipping heavy wire.

That being said, based on kingsuv's review AND the fact that so many local guys are on Team Shok, I stuck with it and ordered up what I needed. Happy to support the companies that support the little guy. Paid for it today and can't wait to get it! Looks like great stuff and everyone who uses it says great things about it! The wire was a bit pricey when you factor in shipping, but I was pleasanty surprised at how affordable the fuse blocks were, so I ordered a few extras!

2006 Cadillac Escalade

2/3 drop on 28" wheels

Two RE SX 18" subs

RF T2500-1bdCP amp, 3531watts on birthsheet

Custom carbon fiber sub box

EVERYTHING else is stock, for now

149.4 @ 37hz, Termlab, dash, open window on two AQ3 18s all stock electrical, wired to .25 ohm on a RF T2500

148.8 @ 36hz, Termlab, dash, open window on one AQ3 18 all stock electrical, wired to .5 ohm on a RF T2500

147.8 @ 38hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on two RE SX 18s

146.4 @ 36hz, Termlab, legal, sealed on one RE SX 18

Link to my hack-built, stupid, carbon fiber wasting project.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/149946-carbon-fiber-box-update-1494db-37hz-on-tl/

http://gifsoup.com/NDM3MTc1MQ

• 1 year later...

i havent heard much about shok industries until about 3 months ago. for some reason, a lot of people have been talking about them lately. are they really a quality brand? im always hesitant to try unfamiliar brands.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Russ makes a killer product and is good people to deal with.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Nice review, they look nice and durable at the same time

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Archived