Apple lossless format

Anyone know how to convert, or if you can convert mp3/4 and various other files to apple lossless format?

I have a windows 7 operating system.

Also I was wondering how the quality of a iTunes purchased song was when being played through an iPod touch?

All in all can it compare to cd quality?, because I don't have nearly sq setup but it does sound pretty good just sometimes doesn't seem as loud.

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

Different programs online. Like I get movies online and can't stream them to my ps3 without converting. As far as the quality... I'm not sure if any program can restore quality. It's like pictures or whatnot, once the quality is crap and saved? Not a whole lot anyone can do to enhance it. As far as it being loud... I don't recommend it as you have to have the right programs and know what you're doing, but if you truly want it louder and don't give a crap about your equipment as it'd probably clip the crap out of it, can just boost the loudness in programs such as audicity. I have that same problem, some are rather quiet and others are loud as hell... just like most tv channels. The actual program is quiet but the commercial is f'in loud as crap. FX is notorious for that.

Sheena = pedobear

There is no purpose to convert a lossy file to lossless if not needed. You do nothing but expand data that's not there. If it works on the devices you use leave it. Now if ripping from a original cd use the lossless setting to keep a digital copy in lossless quality.

As for iTunes purchases. It is far from lossless but it is right around the equivalent of a 320kbs mp3.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

You got it, some are loud as hell and others are quiet, I'm sure I could learn to increase overall volume the right way, I will look into audacity and experiment a little. I guess lossless is for ripping from a cd, not restoring.

Ninja'd lol I knew I was onto something.

So where does 328kbps fall into a quality scale?

And also I found mastered for iTunes pink floyd...any good?

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

Rockford P400-4

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

Basic answer is yes, but while the file size will increase you won't get any better quality.

I use dBpoweramp music converter and its excellent. I originally converted all my CD's to FLAC as this is the most common lossless quality on the Internet. After being sucked up by Apple I have converted some files to ALAC, it being lossless too, there is no change in quality.

You can also uncompress FLAC/ALAC back to Wave to put on a normal CD - these are all lossless format.

Playing music from an iPod or alike has lower quality than if you burn the track to disc, only when using the headphone socket though. I believe, if your deck has a internal DAC that bypasses Apple's internal amp (like by USB), you get the best quality. One head unit in mind is an Alpine 117...

You would need to research this last info though to totally understand it.

Great info!

I do have a shit sony cdx-420ip? Has the ipod cord.

I'm gathering cd quality is best.

Thanks guys.

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

Rockford P400-4

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

You got it, some are loud as hell and others are quiet, I'm sure I could learn to increase overall volume the right way, I will look into audacity and experiment a little. I guess lossless is for ripping from a cd, not restoring.

Ninja'd lol I knew I was onto something.

So where does 328kbps fall into a quality scale?

And also I found mastered for iTunes pink floyd...any good?

Once you get above 192kbps or maybe even 256kbps very few people can tell a difference. So 328kpbs is pretty far up there.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Like Robert said, no point in trying to convert a compressed file into lossless. It just won't be right. However it is good to convert lossless files like FLACs into other lossless files for compatibly. I convert mine with Skyshape it cost money but you get a free trial. (a month I think). Most of my files are 1000+kbps

Edit: Most likely there are freeware converters out there that do the job.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

DBpoweramp is a great program for converting anything to apple lossless(or anything else really), but I wouldn't convert anything lossy to lossless, there's no point, you end up having the same quality but having more space taken up. I'd only use apple lossless for cd's, flac, or any lossless file that the ipod can't read. Ipod can also read .aiff too but that usually takes up more space, and the ipod won't read anything above 16 bit, and 44.1 khz, so using .aiff isn't needed.

The difference between lossless and mp3 320 depends on how good you speakers, amps are, if your dac can even make most use of the extra kps, and khz, how good/picky your ears are, and the song itself really. If you're playing something electronic like Skrillex, there's a marginal difference, but play something like Pink Floyd where there's lots of details, then there's a huge difference between 320 and lossless.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

LOL the fuck is 328kbps? 320 is the highest mp3 goes. MP4 is video, you are thinking of M4A which is what Itunes is.

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Archived