Apple lossless format

MP3s can *technically* be encoded into the 600s, but no one really does that. Plus I don't think many devices would know what to do.

But to the OP...yeah, they covered it. No point in going from a lossy format to ALAC or something. However, when importing a CD, I always do lossless. Especially that new deadmau5...

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Why do you want to convert mp3 to apple lossless? There is no quality increase. It's like scaling a 50x50 image to 300x300. It's a bigger file, but still looks the same.

IMHO if you want good quality, go buy some CDs, rip them in using Exact Audio Copy(EAC). Search around for some tutorials on how to get it set up. It's not the most intuitive, but the results are AWESOME. FLAC = my favorite format, so I'd suggest doing that.

I had no idea what I was talking about!

Disregard converting mp3 to lossless.

I now have the basic knowledge I need to rip and still maintain quality soundtrack files.

Thanks guys!

98' dodge ram

140A alt

Big 3

XS D2700

JVC kd-r310

Rockford T500-1BDCP

2 Sundown E12 Ported 4cubes 35hz

Rockford P400-4

2 Infinity reference 3way 6x9

2 Polk DB 5 1/4

2x layer dynamat all doors

The best available audio quality to get for a song is .aiff and .wav. You can't make mp3 sound as good as .aiff or .wav, mp3's only meant to have a low res version for storage space purposes. But to answer your question 328 kbps is a high quality mp3.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

The best available audio quality to get for a song is .aiff and .wav. You can't make mp3 sound as good as .aiff or .wav, mp3's only meant to have a low res version for storage space purposes. But to answer your question 328 kbps is a high quality mp3.

good info here

97 Suburban

8 custom PSI Platform 3 18's

Screw wav. I don't have enough hard drives to store my music in wav format. Lol.

And for the best listening with a iPod or iPhone apple lossless and using the USB cable is as close as you get to a pure CD quality song.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

it may have been answered already but you can convert songs to apple lossless format in itunes. load the song in to itunes using file> add file to library or if you have a bunch you click add folder to library it will open a browse window find the file or folder. it will add it to itunes. next go to Edit> Preferences then in preferences click import settings select the file format you want you want from the drop down menu press ok then ok again. find the file you want right click it and select create apple loss less version it will make another copy in loss less format. do the same for mp3 just change the encoder to mp3. hope this helped. if it has been answered already im sorry. you can make ringtones for the iphone using this the same way kind of.

Archived