Escalade EXT (4)Rockford T2 12's (UPDATE 12/3/12: Complete! Video & Pics up)

I'm pretty sure any RF fanatic is more then disappointed about this build.

Ok xD might as well have some fun, I'm going to try a new tactic. Being passive. Yes, you're right. I'm equally as dissappointed. All you guys are right, what a shit build.

Bunch of haters in here. Im stoked for the end result and will be looking forward to some more pics and vids. Lookin good!

Dont think anyones hating as everyone agreed that the equipment is top notch. Its just some are taking it a little overboard in saying how they feel about the subs being in a sealed box.

The customer bought the equipment. This will be the customers vehicle. The customer gets to decide sealed or not. Everyone has their own taste in music and sound and some people just prefer sealed enclosures.

It's so easy to forget that the 12V industry is just that, an industry. If we all told every customer that walked into the door that their tastes are bullshit becase "window flex, big ports, hairtricks" then Rockford Fosgate, and any other Mobile Electronics company would be out of business. As long as the customer is happy, I feel satisfied. I mean we are building this guy's dream system.

I don't care what anyone says, even if it's a "sh*t build," it's more than I could ever hope to have/afford, so I'm glad that this guy can afford to get himself somewhere up the ladder in the car audio world, good for him

needbasssig.gif
My Build Log

j84l.jpg

Heros get remembered, but legends never die.

Geez Honda use the MultiQuote dude.Im surprised you got worked up over someone not liking the design. Just because 1 or 2 people dont like it doesn't mean anything. You know how many people gave me shit about my build and the way I did things? Yeah never did I go off and call them ignorant because thats their opinion. Only thing you can do is build it and show everybody what it can do or stop showing it. Regardless what you do, if you advertise it then people will criticise what they think is wrong. Im tuned into this build cause I haven't seen a sealed enclosure in a truck like this. So do we get more pictures of the finished enclosure or what?

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

I just feel that there are better ways to withhold an opinion than bashing an entire build because of a conflict. Nonetheless, I will take some pics of the finished box tomorrow. I was trying to wait until we got it in the bed of the truck lol.

Forget the pics just get us some demo vids

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

My bad Honda I wasn't bashing whole build at all. And defiantly not saying u should be shooting for hair tricks and 28hz tuning. Jus hate to see good equipment not live to its fullest potential. Build looks great love the RF logo box. And like I said before I KNOW IT'S NOT YOUR DECISION TO MAKE. so don't take it personal. All my criticism could be saved for the one's who made the decision..... So continue. I am watching this build for a reason I like it.

2012 nissan frontier

UNDER CONSTRUCTION>>

My bad Honda I wasn't bashing whole build at all. And defiantly not saying u should be shooting for hair tricks and 28hz tuning. Jus hate to see good equipment not live to its fullest potential. Build looks great love the RF logo box. And like I said before I KNOW IT'S NOT YOUR DECISION TO MAKE. so don't take it personal. All my criticism could be saved for the one's who made the decision..... So continue. I am watching this build for a reason I like it.

I wasn't really saying you did anything wrong man :). Mainly I was angry at Americanbasshead.

EDIT: Actually, you didn't say anything negative whatsoever! I don't consider criticism a bad thing. Just complete trolling for lack of a good reason like AmericanBasshead.

PIC_0225.jpg

I fucked these terminals up....lol an hour of cutting, drilling and fitting them in, and I forget that the damn box was upside down on the floor, so these are on the top of the box XD oops.

PIC_0224.jpg

Again, the exposed fiberglass here is going to be on the bottom, the box is upside down. Insterestingly, the vinyl is what is sealing the inside of that up, there is no glue or fiberglass on the bottom of that piece of 1" MDF. Just vinyl and lotsa screws, super pressure fitted for sure!

PIC_0223.jpg

All this will be hidden by the amp rack in the rear.

PIC_0229.jpg

PIC_0222.jpg

Archived