Got flicked for window tint....YES!

I like how no one has mentioned that in some states you can't "legally" get an inspection with 5% on the fronts 2 windows. I do vehicle inspections here at my Dealership.. Im sorry but if your tint is to dark I wont pass it. Now if your tint is like 20% ( passable is 25% ) I'll let it slide. But 5% is a no can do for me. Yeah I get bribed daily to just let it go and Im sure alot of people think I'm a dick because of it. IDGAF because for letting your little $14.50 inspection pass I could be fined $10,000 personaly in addition to $10,000 to the shop itself. I've yet to have anyone offer to pay me $20k.

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

In your position, you are right to do so. You should also tell them that if they want it, work towards changing it so you can pass it.

My chariot-

2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crewcab + Leer topper

Cheesy Pioneer AVHD1400

Factory highs - for now

Amps - Kicker ZX750.1

Subs - 4 Lanzar MAX st (For now)

Box - Subthump 4x8"sealed (About to port)

More to come soon..

I got a prescription for mine, so I can get down to 20%, I have 25% on my fronts, and 15% on the rear windows and the back window, none on the front windshield. I havn't even had the cops bother me at all since getting it and its been around 9 months, so it really depends where you live whether the cops care or not. if you read the law a prescription allows you to tint the whole vehicle, including the windshield in Minnesota, although most people would say you can't tint the windshield, but I read through the laws.

Subd. 4.Glazing material; prohibitions and exceptions.

(a) No person shall drive or operate any motor vehicle required to be registered in the state of Minnesota upon any street or highway under the following conditions:

(1) when the windshield is composed of, covered by, or treated with any material which has the effect of making the windshield more reflective or in any other way reducing light transmittance through the windshield;

(2) when any window on the vehicle is composed of, covered by, or treated with any material that has a highly reflective or mirrored appearance;

(3) when any side window or rear window is composed of or treated with any material so as to obstruct or substantially reduce the driver's clear view through the window or has a light transmittance of less than 50 percent plus or minus three percent in the visible light range or a luminous reflectance of more than 20 percent plus or minus three percent; or

(4) when any material has been applied after August 1, 1985, to any motor vehicle window without an accompanying permanent marking which indicates the percent of transmittance and the percent of reflectance afforded by the material. The marking must be in a manner so as not to obscure vision and be readable when installed on the vehicle.

(B) This subdivision does not apply to glazing materials which:

(1) have not been modified since the original installation, nor to original replacement windows and windshields, that were originally installed or replaced in conformance with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 205;

(2) are required to satisfy prescription or medical needs of the driver of the vehicle or a passenger if:

(i) the driver or passenger is in possession of the prescription or a physician's statement of medical need;

(ii) the prescription or statement specifically states the minimum percentage that light transmittance may be reduced to satisfy the prescription or medical needs of the patient; and

(iii) the prescription or statement contains an expiration date, which must be no more than two years after the date the prescription or statement was issued; or

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

I totally agree. Personally I feel that the window tint law is a band aid approach to getting around solving other issues. Would you say that the shootings have gotten worse over the past few years or better?

Personally i would say they have gotten worse... Im not going to say that is 100% blamed on people with tinted windows because I know plenty of cops get blasted just walking up to the car whether they approach a clear glass or tinted vehicle...

In all honesty if I truly wanted to I could go to my local CLEO (Chief Law Enforcement Officer) and have him issue me a pass for dark tint due to the safety nature of the 2 lines of work I currently take part in... But the 30% tint I had on my old car was plenty dark enough so I will get that for my Impala again when i have the extra cash

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

That is exactly my point. The tint has very little to do with the acts of the vehicle operator or passengers. Frankly, Society is going to crap and that is the issue.

Over the years I have "grown up" I don't ever recall the horrific instances of crime that I hear about today. Things like bath salts causing people to become canibals and eating victims flesh while alive. The instance just reported today about the cop that wanted to cook and eat women, etc. etc. This world is screwed up badly..

My chariot-

2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crewcab + Leer topper

Cheesy Pioneer AVHD1400

Factory highs - for now

Amps - Kicker ZX750.1

Subs - 4 Lanzar MAX st (For now)

Box - Subthump 4x8"sealed (About to port)

More to come soon..

Not to get completely off topic but I have been thinking for a while now that the whole bath salts making people act like cannibals is a scare tactic. Something like reefer madness. Yeah it messes people up but I don't think all these "cannibal" cases are directly from bath salts. Weird fucks have been eating other people forever. But now all cases of it happening are all blamed on one thing, the bath salts. Not saying they shouldn't be pulled from the shelves, I'm just thinking this is the way they are trying to scare the public from using them.

edit: and then I realize everything I said is completely off topic, lol

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

I totally agree. Personally I feel that the window tint law is a band aid approach to getting around solving other issues. Would you say that the shootings have gotten worse over the past few years or better?

Personally i would say they have gotten worse... Im not going to say that is 100% blamed on people with tinted windows because I know plenty of cops get blasted just walking up to the car whether they approach a clear glass or tinted vehicle...

In all honesty if I truly wanted to I could go to my local CLEO (Chief Law Enforcement Officer) and have him issue me a pass for dark tint due to the safety nature of the 2 lines of work I currently take part in... But the 30% tint I had on my old car was plenty dark enough so I will get that for my Impala again when i have the extra cash

Hes not going to issue you a pass because of your line of work as you call it. come on.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

lol have had tint for over a year and half and never gotten pulled over and now I've gotten pulled 2 times in one week...

This bitch was EXTREMELY hostile she approached the car with her hand all the way around her gun and immediately asked for IDs from me and my friend and asked us where were headed to and exactly what we were going to do lmao...bitch were not drug traffickers....and then she comes back to the car with a smile because she realizes my mom has did her hair for over 10 years and jokes with me then lets me go..funny how hostile those fuckers are right off the bat....so yea...fuck the police

EAFAC8AC-5B05-457D-A105-CFF14719CC52-10170-000002DE18F8C87B.jpg

lol have had tint for over a year and half and never gotten pulled over and now I've gotten pulled 2 times in one week...

This bitch was EXTREMELY hostile she approached the car with her hand all the way around her gun and immediately asked for IDs from me and my friend and asked us where were headed to and exactly what we were going to do lmao...bitch were not drug traffickers....and then she comes back to the car with a smile because she realizes my mom has did her hair for over 10 years and jokes with me then lets me go..funny how hostile those fuckers are right off the bat....so yea...fuck the police

EAFAC8AC-5B05-457D-A105-CFF14719CC52-10170-000002DE18F8C87B.jpg

That is exactly my point. The tint has very little to do with the acts of the vehicle operator or passengers. Frankly, Society is going to crap and that is the issue.

Over the years I have "grown up" I don't ever recall the horrific instances of crime that I hear about today. Things like bath salts causing people to become canibals and eating victims flesh while alive. The instance just reported today about the cop that wanted to cook and eat women, etc. etc. This world is screwed up badly..

I agree man, society is going to shit, people are doing crazier and crazier shit, the government is out of control with laws and the amount of money they process now, the amount of laws going on the books are insane, I dont blame cops for wanting to be able to see in the car in this crazy world, if things keep going like they are the cops will know every person thats in a car and whether they have weapons or not just with the tools on their squad car, thanks to technology..... I'm just gonna enjoy this life and not take it to seriously :P

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Archived