sbg Posted October 24, 2012 Report Posted October 24, 2012 i have a 11 week old pup i am training, he is vary smart he knows sit,stay,laydown,roll over, shake.. and is full potty trained and also kennel trained and walks on leash. we got this dog to be a watch dog and a friend for my son. i work most nights and my wife and son are home, so we wanted a dog that could take care of the house and the family. . he is just a small pup still but now is the time to start so.... i have never trained a dog to be a watch dog and not to sure on how to go about it. just wanted to see if there was some tips on going about this kind of training.... i want him to still be nice lol but fuck someone up if need. 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
sbg Posted October 24, 2012 Author Report Posted October 24, 2012 ? 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
Kyblack76 Posted October 24, 2012 Report Posted October 24, 2012 Good lookin companion there... All we've ever had was strictly for friendship. No idea how to train, or teach watching over the den/pack. Gotta be someone on here that could at least point ya in the right direction. Best of luck... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
kingsuv Posted October 24, 2012 Report Posted October 24, 2012 My personal experience over the past 35 years of having a dog in the family is, no matter how friendly he/she is, if their pack is threatened, then watch the fuck out. My rottie now is in training to be a therapy dog, but I would think twice if you want to come over my fence at night I grew up with a black lab that NEVER showed any sort of pack mentality until one night someone decided they wanted to come through his dog door when it was just my mom and me at home. My most vivid memory was the sheer amount of blood around the dog door, patio and then fence on his way back out. Train your dog to be a part of the family, and he will know when to do the rest. Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
Kyblack76 Posted October 24, 2012 Report Posted October 24, 2012 My personal experience over the past 35 years of having a dog in the family is, no matter how friendly he/she is, if their pack is threatened, then watch the fuck out. My rottie now is in training to be a therapy dog, but I would think twice if you want to come over my fence at night I grew up with a black lab that NEVER showed any sort of pack mentality until one night someone decided they wanted to come through his dog door when it was just my mom and me at home. My most vivid memory was the sheer amount of blood around the dog door, patio and then fence on his way back out. Train your dog to be a part of the family, and he will know when to do the rest. I have to agree,.. If it truly feels apart of the pack, instinct will take over when the time comes.... Great post BILLiam SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
sbg Posted October 24, 2012 Author Report Posted October 24, 2012 ^^^ thats a cool story, and thats what I'm am looking for out of my dog. Not to be crazy intell he needs to. I was not sure if there was more that went into it. 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
scooter99 Posted October 24, 2012 Report Posted October 24, 2012 I have to agree, there's probably a technical way to do this type of training, but I'd say that if you just keep up your regular training, walks, activities, and love for him/her, then when the time comes, it will protect your family. I have a year old boxer who is pretty nice and has never bit anyone or anything like that, especially my kids or wife or myself. We were walking a couple weeks ago and a "mentally challenged" teen was running up behind us cause all he wanted to do was pet her, but Grace obviously didn't know that and I didn't hear him coming up from behind. She did a 180 about face and hackles up and full teeth showing growl at him. Never done that before ever, and I've certainly not trained her to do that, but she felt we were being threatened and was in full on protect mode. Stopped him in his tracks literally. He stopped mid stride and eyes were as big as softballs! I simply told him to slowly turn around and walk away, and when he did that, she stopped and turned back around like it never happened. Dogs are smart, they know their pack, and that's what they'll protect. Good luck! Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
IBleedMusick Posted October 24, 2012 Report Posted October 24, 2012 Outside of the natural protection instinct you only want to train your dog enough to stop on command. There is no need to teach a dog to attack the trick is to get them to stop attacking when you say stop. You want to have this ability simply because dogs shoot to kill point blank no wounding he looks like a terrier but what kind is he? 2013 Dodge Charger Build Log 1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0Build Log 2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe Build Log SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!My Selling Feedback
KnockinthaStreetzof608 Posted October 24, 2012 Report Posted October 24, 2012 where you from? Im mobile so I cant see CAR -2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime) H/U -Pioneer avh 3200dvd Amps 2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps 1Sundown Audio 100.4 1 Sundown Audio 125.2 Subs 4 AQ HDC'4s 12's Mids and highs 4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s 2 AQ Super Tweeters Electronical Mechman 270 unit 1 D3400 2 D3100's WALLED!
n1ghtsn1p3r Posted October 24, 2012 Report Posted October 24, 2012 I have a book about guard dogs. I can't remember how I got it, other than I was a kid (either checked it out from the library and never turned it back in, bought it from one of the library's old book sales, or at a garage sale). I think it was a book about training, but all I remember are the breed rankings for best guard dogs. I'll have to find it first, but I can send it to you when I do find it. 2016 Ford Focus SE No build log yetDC Audio 1.2K2x DC Audio Level 2 10"
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.