Second Skin Audio

8" sub box help

no one can answer that

post a pic of what you have so we can work out what it is

and go from there

not all subs will suit a ported enclosure so you might be wasting your time

and how much power are you planing to through at it, a T-line might be just as good

Hey so ive never made a sub box for an 8" woofer and ive got a 400 watt cheap subwoofer laying around. Im wanting to tune this thing to 32hz roughly how large should i make this being that i dont have the specs for this thing.

Did you got that sub from one of those computer speaker systems?

What sub is it, does it have a model number on it? 1ft3 is going to be pretty huge for a single 8" sub. My rockford fosgate punch hx2 8" (pretty beasty 8 ) recommends a .5 to .75ft3 box for ported with a 2.5" port. I'm currently running it in a .88ish ft3 box with a 4" aero port tuned to 36hz (port is really long, something like 30"). It's drowning in my current box tbh. it sounds good, but I have to be really careful. Turning it up to get any decent output is very risky as it will bottom out very easily if I go too far above or below tuning frequency.

Regardless, we need more information on the subwoofer. What works well for one sub doesn't always work for another, especially when you're talking about an 8" woofer, there isn't as much room for error if you don't want to worry about killing it on every other song.

I built a box for some infinity reference 8's. cheap 40$ 8's. 1.2 ft cubed with 2 2.5" aero from parts express.. forget the length but was tuned to 30hz. Sounded pretty good for eights.

I would do .5-.75 ft cubed alot of 8's recommend close to the same size box go with a 2.5" aero and use torres to figure out length to get tuning in the 30's

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

really appreciate all the feed back guys. I got the model number hope this helps a bit. So its a logitech w2000f120-02f This is a link just to what it looks like Ill try to find some specs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-Z2300-Subwoofer-Replacement-Speaker-Part-W2000F120-02F-/160668241879.

Im hoping to tune between 32-35hz but like i said im not being to picky here just wanna get some bass going again. I dont have any aero ports so a slot port design works best for me being that ive made lots of boxes with slots design

134db

Archived