Second Skin Audio

Questions about AQ HDC3

Sorry to keep posting random questions topics but I just sold my subs and want to get I to something good that will last and want some opinions without making vs threads. Basically what I wanna know is...

Are they sq or spl?

How are they with the rated power?

How are they as far as box size? Do they need a ton of space?

And anything else you may be able to add. If be looking at a set of D1 copper coils

They are more for SPL, not the best sounding, but it's bass, and that shit gets loud. They do phenomenally on rated, I'll post a video up of mine a little later on a little under rated power. They want a bigger box. 2-2.5 cu ft after displacements for the 12, lotto port, lots, just a lot. They can take more than rated, but I wouldn't unless you know what you're doing, i know mine begs for more power.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

like BIG boxes, have seen single 12s in up to 3 cubes net, and run it at 1.5-2k, 1k isnt enough for them to wake up.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

i had an old style basket hdc3 18 in almost 7 cubes on 2000rms and it begged for more. they LOVE big boxes, tho. i thought it sounded pretty musical, but everyone has there own opinions. they love more than rated CLEAN power, and get LOUD

They are more for SPL, not the best sounding, but it's bass, and that shit gets loud. They do phenomenally on rated, I'll post a video up of mine a little later on a little under rated power. They want a bigger box. 2-2.5 cu ft after displacements for the 12, lotto port, lots, just a lot. They can take more than rated, but I wouldn't unless you know what you're doing, i know mine begs for more power.

I was wondering, with your tuning at 36hz, how low can you play the HDC3 12? 30hz? It sorta has me confused because I always see tune your box near what you would play lowest. So it seems 36 is dang high. Just curious, how many cubes is your box and how much port area. Thanks, didn't mean to thread jack

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I was wondering, with your tuning at 36hz, how low can you play the HDC3 12? 30hz? It sorta has me confused because I always see tune your box near what you would play lowest. So it seems 36 is dang high. Just curious, how many cubes is your box and how much port area. Thanks, didn't mean to thread jack

it plays everything from 20 Hz up to 50 Hz and does it well. I read that the stiffer suspension of them is what gives em the ability to play way below tuning, but I could be wrong. My box is 2.5 cubes net and it has 17 in of port area per foot.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

it plays everything from 20 Hz up to 50 Hz and does it well. I read that the stiffer suspension of them is what gives em the ability to play way below tuning, but I could be wrong. My box is 2.5 cubes net and it has 17 in of port area per foot.

Dang. that's a lot of port. Just plugged that into torres, your port must be pretty long.. Is it an aero or a slot? I'm trying to figure out volume/port for either 2 HDC3 12's or the SDC2.5s. I had around 5 cu and 14 in per foot. Seems like I need more port, but the length I need is ridiculous.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Archived