Legalized in Colorado?

Thank your government and the media for demonizing a plant.....

If alcohol is legal, then there is absolutely no reason, marijuana shouldn't be as well.

Weed is not addictive, at least no where near what tobacco is and that's legal.

You can't OD on weed, alcohol yes, Tylenol yes...

Crime and violence? When's the last time you heard of somebody baked do any kind of violent crime...

Sure, there will be driving under the influence but that isn't a reason to ban it.

People need accountability.

There's also the massive tax revenue as well.

BTW: I don't use weed and have no intention to either. I simply dislike laws created by politicians with no scientific evidence...

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

If alcohol is legal, then there is absolutely no reason, marijuana shouldn't be as well.

Crime and violence? When's the last time you heard of somebody baked do any kind of violent crime...

Sure, there will be driving under the influence but that isn't a reason to ban it.

BTW: I don't use weed and have no intention to either. I simply dislike laws created by politicians with no scientific evidence...

Agreed, although being publicly stoned should be illegal just as public drunkeness is. Stoners can get quite annoying.

I make this statement assuming pot is ever truly legalized.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

This is a much better subject than the presidential election. Screw Romney and Obama.

Anyways, Marijuana should be legal. There's no reason why it should be illegal. Did you know the reason why weed was made illegal originally, was because "Refer makes black men think they're as good as white men"? That's a bunch of BS and should of been overruled as soon as black folks were legalized as citizens.

As already said, there's less medical drawbacks than a lot of other legal substances. Studies have actually shown that small doses of it is actually BENEFICIAL for your health.

Legalized, regulated, and taxed, it would make for a great source of revenue for the government, and reduce government spending on preventing drug crime.

Great job Colorado and Washington! Now for the rest of the country to follow suit, to get the federal government to give in, and we made some progress in the government!

Agreed, although being publicly stoned should be illegal just as public drunkeness is. Stoners can get quite annoying.

I make this statement assuming pot is ever truly legalized.

Since when is something being "annoying" a reason to outlaw something?

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

I agree that the chance of pot ever being truly legal is far fetched. But if you look at how alcohol and cigarettes are legal and far more hazardous to us than weed is. I know a lot of people who smoke weed. Not one has committed a violent crime, OD, or anything. Yet you hear stories of crap like that when people are drunk or on a different type of drug. Only way you will OD on weed (as far as i know) is if you smoke your body weight of it. I don't see anyone ever doing that. Theres a joke about how Canada has not been in a war, since they legalized weed and prostitution....they are just simply too busy getting high and laid.

im guessing it means you can smoke it but not sell it. kinda like the only way you can get it is from the government or a dispensary that pays taxes..

@bobbyG2- I should have detailed my answer more. It is a mind altering substance, not as bad as alcohol, but still intoxicating. People shouldn't be allowed to stroll around with a spliff just like you can't walk around with a brew.

Now, it is my personal opinion that stoners (different than recreational users) can get annoying as fuck. And neither me nor my family should have to deal with that. I can break it down more but i'm about to go to work, so I hope this clears up my point.

@Miguel- It would probably follow the tobacco model for growth, sales, and taxes. Only a couple of companies growing (and probably charging outrageous prices), with federal taxation, and each state deciding their own state tax.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

@bobbyG2- I should have detailed my answer more. It is a mind altering substance, not as bad as alcohol, but still intoxicating. People shouldn't be allowed to stroll around with a spliff just like you can't walk around with a brew.

Now, it is my personal opinion that stoners (different than recreational users) can get annoying as fuck. And neither me nor my family should have to deal with that. I can break it down more but i'm about to go to work, so I hope this clears up my point.

@Miguel- It would probably follow the tobacco model for growth, sales, and taxes. Only a couple of companies growing (and probably charging outrageous prices), with federal taxation, and each state deciding their own state tax.

yes thats what im saying. it is still illegal under federal law so they can still arrest illegal drug dealer.. if it wasn't there would be lots of dealers not paying taxes and not helping the debt we are in.. i think this is one way of making the country money and getting out of debt.. i dont smoke pot and would never do.. would i vote to legalize it under federal law? yes i would if it came with rules as to where one could smoke it and also to help our country get out of debt

When I went to school, we had a total of 16 people in my class. There were two of us that never smoked, and everyone else did. We always had parties/jams at one of the houses on campus, and of course there was marijuana there. Luckily there were only one or two people who were actually stoners, the rest just smoked to chill out and have a good time, and we did..I can't find the clips from one of our jams, but we had a blast. Hell, when we were in the studio, we had EVERYONE in with us just hanging out (no not smoking). I never smoked it, and I probably never will, but I don't see why we can't at least try (peacefully) to push and have it taxed, just like cigarettes. The smell can get annoying, but that's about it. Just like alcohol, use it responsibly.

POTATO!

All it means is Colorado is not going to arrest, prosecute, and waste time busting other citizens in Colorado for smoking marijuana.

The federal government can come in and arrest those individuals however, but more than likely not.

Its no different then medicinal marijuana being legal in 13 or 14 states, however federal law still sees it as illegal..

while the feds are not really doing much about it one bit.

You can turn on TV and watch a few different shows about medicinal marijuana and it being legal state wide, but not federal legal. So far I think only 1 medicinal dispensary had been audited by the feds but is still in business. Shows you how worried the feds are about it imo...

The thing I dont understand is watching those same tv shows and seeing medicinal marijuana dispensary where forced to close and get out of some cities in Colorado, but now its not only legal state wide for medicinal use but recreational use too.

Archived