Legalized in Colorado?

I posted this on facebook, so:

You know... this whole States legalizing Pot is Interesting and all.... and it is well within their rights, so go ahead and pass the dutchie to the left hand side, but a thought- what if you can smoke all the weed you want but still have to drug test for a job? I mean really- it is your choice, but something tells me that people will smoke pot and then "not be able to get a job" so they will be chilling out on the government dime. What a great future- smoke pot all day, watch brainless Comedy Central programs, and wait for the Government Cheese truck to pull up. Lovely.

I'm not sure if you're being serious, but if so, that is a rather ignorant statement. Cannabis is not addictive and has no lasting effects on your body should you choose to consume it by vaporization, anyone who regularly uses cannabis for recreation knows that stopping for a while to pass a drug test is no big deal. Usually that drug test is in fact for a job, gotta have some cash to buy some ganja, gov EBT doesn't work for that.

I'm gonna hate

iwith the way the economy is and the way they are killing the tobacco industry we need another cash crop. and I used to be vehemently opposed to any marijuana use.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

they should concentrate more on preventing cocaine, heroin and other shit like that which makes people eat other peoples faces off from coming in from Mexico.

The government uses medical facts about weed, not actual users opinion.

Here's part of the reason why. Major drug syndicates use marijuana sales to help fund their 'hard drug' operations. Weed is the easiest thing to sell and cheapest to produce. Profit margins allow for the production of harder drugs.

IMO thats a reason on the positive side. If it can be grown local, state, or national then theres no need for the cartels to move it here as it will be easier to aquire without illegal activity, thus shutting down a big chunk of income for them which in turn limits what they use that money to fund even if by a small margin. As for stoners in public thats a stereotypical thing to say. I smoked for a long time and i wasnt annoying, nor an idiot. Some of the smartest people and botonists you can think of were regular users of marijuana

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

A couple points about this. I agree with Colin to a point as there is some people who will just sit on their asses and wait for a check every month. This doesn't benefit society as a whole and is a problem. Even if it is legal at a state level it is illegal at a federal level and the DEA will continue to raid dispensaries. It is obvious hypocritical bullshit. Marijuana is not a gateway drug and I have yet to see any compelling information that it leads to Cancer. More often than not it is an individuals addictive personality that will lead them to experiment with other drugs. Most of the smokers I know; myself included, wouldn't go near a needle, do a line, or any of that bollocks. I stopped drinking in my early 20's.

That being said smoking all day everyday regardless of being employed or not isn't worthwhile. Neither is drinking.

Around the turn of the century farmers were actually encouraged to grow hemp. It can have over 15 thousand uses including fuel, clothing, and food. With the migratory farmers came cannabis as they used it to relax after a long day of work in the fields. The white people heard that it gave them superstrength and they raged out while consuming it so they led an effort to make it illegal. You have to remember this is decades before King, x, or the civil rights movement. Racism was still a potent force in America.They did this by introducing a marijuana tax stamp. You had to buy a stamp to legally have cannabis but the gov't didn't sell any making it illegal. There was also the fact that paper mills were being threatened as it was a cheaper easier way to make it.

Racism and profiteering is what made it illegal. I encourage everyone to do the research if you are interested and make up your own mind. There is alot of dogma and old wives tales that surround this and it is amazing that they have persisted for so long. I can tell you that no one has the right to decide what you put in your body whether it is cheetos or whiskey; marijuana or heroin. People need to have the ability to choose for themselves whether the choice is dangerous or not. It all starts with education.

I could go on more but I don't want to create any hostility. It's just one mans' opinion. :)

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

they should concentrate more on preventing cocaine, heroin and other shit like that which makes people eat other peoples faces off from coming in from Mexico.

Lol they don't care much about cocaine, it's a rich person's drug. Why do you think crack has so much of a stiffer penalty than coke?

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Another thing of the prohibiton of Cannabis. If you legalize Cannabis you steel the organized crime a big hiding place. Alot of extrem criminal persons use

the Cannabis scene as recreation center. As well you would save all the tax money´s for the arested hand`s with a little in it, these are absolut the most arestings

in the Cannabis scene.

I am a supporter of the legalization of Cannabis, in regulated forms for growing, selling and use/consumption, a mix of the Canadian/US/Dutch and Czech laws for it.

Cannabis is very intresting as plant at all, as regenrative plant for fibre, medicine, consumption and all what to do with it.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Lol they don't care much about cocaine, it's a rich person's drug. Why do you think crack has so much of a stiffer penalty than coke?

Crack and coke are almost the same thing.... Cocaine is mixed with additives while crack is the pure crystallized rock

Exactly they ARE almost the same thing and they way people are charged for them is 2 totally different ways. If you get caught with coke you wont have nearly as harsh of a punishment if you get caught with crack. Rich = Coke, Poor = Crack.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Here's part of the reason why. Major drug syndicates use marijuana sales to help fund their 'hard drug' operations. Weed is the easiest thing to sell and cheapest to produce. Profit margins allow for the production of harder drugs.

IMO thats a reason on the positive side. If it can be grown local, state, or national then theres no need for the cartels to move it here as it will be easier to aquire without illegal activity, thus shutting down a big chunk of income for them which in turn limits what they use that money to fund even if by a small margin. As for stoners in public thats a stereotypical thing to say. I smoked for a long time and i wasnt annoying, nor an idiot. Some of the smartest people and botonists you can think of were regular users of marijuana

You obviously didn't read my follow up posts where I acknowledged the difference between stoners and recreational users. There is a difference. Not stereotypical at all. If you're not going to read everything, not just pick and choose, don't even post.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I think the misconception that "legalizing" weed is somehow going to really change anything about who and when anyone smokes is just that, a misconception. At least here in Washington, where we just legalized it on the state level, if you wanted to get weed before you could do it easily. Hell, I know 5 different dealers within three blocks of me. The people who are going to smoke and be stoners and be the stereotypical pieces of shit that do nothing with their lives are going to exist whether or not it is legal. There isn't going to be some huge influx of people who now just sit on their ass all day and smoke lol. Smoking habbits will not change.

Marijuana use is so prevalent here that I know about 1/3 of my friends parents confirmed are smokers and far more of my peers. And yet, they are all completely productive members of society. They wake up go to work in the morning, support their families and then when they come home some times or on weekends they smoke. It is like having a glass of wine with dinner or a few beers to relax. This is just to further the point that legalizing it will not change anything with the consumption of the substance and its effects on society.

What legalizing it will change however, is how the government and other NON SMOKING and smoking citizens alike will benefit from it. Under the new laws we passed in Washington there are several stipulations that make this law beneficial.

1) already been said but police and justice system resources can be better allocated

2) there is a 25% tax on growers, 25% tax on sellers, and 25% tax on purchase of marijuana in addition to regular sales and business taxes

-this tax goes to a fund which is divided up to pay for: general education, substance abuse programs(prevention and treatment), and health care

(i don't remember the exact percentages of the money and where it all goes but that is the gist of it)

3) Driving under the influence of Marijuana is considered a DUI under the new legislation and is easier to prosecute and prove now than it used to be

-I think we can all agree that you can not drive high as well as you can sober and doing so should be illegal. This new law helps make the roads SAFER.

I know there are more benefits I realized when reading through the proposition but this is what came to me off the top of my head. Continue to discuss!

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived