Second Skin Audio

34'' cadence subwoofer to big?

sbg

Get one of them, modify it to fit the biggest motor and best spider you can get, upgrade the leads. Do eiiiit!

Better yet, send the sub to Sundown and tell him to do the same to it that he's currently doing to the Z v.4 line... Lmao

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

seen a vid on utube, a van with 2 of them ........ 2 x 34" subs, 8 x 12" subs, 44 speaker (19 tweeters & 25 speakers) in each door and 8 speakers (4 tweeters & 4 speakers) in each B pillar with a total of 114 drivers in just the drivers compartment.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

Lots of things count against you with a woofer of that size in a vehicle. It's kind of humorous how everyone now-a-days is so hung up on power handling. It's easily possible for a woofer rated at 100 Watts to play louder than one rated at 500 Watts. This is kind of like judging how fast a car can go by looking at the speedometer - Dude, this one goes to 160, it's gotta' be faster than that one as it only reads to 140.

Here's what counts against you with such a large driver:

- Moving Mass

- Cone flex

- Enclosure size requirements

For example, when I was the Clarion rep BITD, I snagged a pair of the 32" subs. I modeled ported enclosures for them for my home theater to play flat to 20 Hz. They required 125 cubic feet EACH and ridiculous port area. However, a pair of them in these enclosures showed that it would take (10) HX2 18" woofers in 10 cubic feet enclosures EACH to equal their output. Keep in mind, I compared the Clarions with 300 watts each and the HX2s with 500 each - that's 600 watts versus 5,000.

A 34" woofer like this would not require 5,000 watt power handling, a 10" voice coil, etc. as it could move quite a volume of air at only 1/16th of an inch of linear excursion. Now, I've seen the Audiobahn woofers in person, but never the Cadence. I have other concerns about them aside from power handling. The lightweight spun aluminum cones would IMHO be a better choice than the paper cones of the Clarion woofers as this would decrease the likelihood of the shape of the cone distorting.

In a vehicle, woofers like these are a gimmick - simply because they don't play very low in a 15 cubic foot sealed enclosure. All the cabin gain in the world can't make up for a 3dB down point of 60 Hz . . .

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

The cones not aluminum?? it looks aluminum?

I understand what you say about power handling.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Yes, the are aluminum. The Clarions were paper.

ahh shit READING>me.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

It's mostly just a novelty, company flagship to get peoples attention, so they might want to buy their other products. Like what the MTX Jackhammer is.

It's not meant to be the loudest thing around, it's just meant to make you say "Wow"

I do think it'd be awesome if they can make something like that worth it. though.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

Archived