Smoove's 1996 Chevy Ext cab C1500 Blowthrough RF, Fi, DD, SMD Meters 6th. updated pics start page 89

how big is that?

the outside cut (bed) is 51x18inches. The inside cut (cab) is 51 1/2 x 19 1/4 inches so there is room for frame flex

I just thought of something, you could use a bicycle tire as the boot. I mean, too late now, but the tire has polyester or nylon belts in it, and the inside of the sidewalls would provide the surface for all the glue you'd need. Just thought of that, I'm going use that on a budget blow thru someday, I know it. It would be plenty solid yet still flexible.

Anyway, it looks good so far. I still haven't taken any pics of mine since I put it together, but I'll get around to it pretty soon. Might do that now...

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181273-89-c1500-build-log/

Well at first I was gonna do an open bed or just cover the box and batteries. Then I found this for $150 in great condition. all mounting hardware, even the paint on it is in good condition. So looks like I will be going full tonneau. It's in too good of condition to cut it and do what I wanted to do.

20140314_182815_zpsk7nxqjnn.jpg

20140314_182830_zpsal5s52hu.jpg

I have no idea how I got that lucky. It's the brand and style I had always thought about getting. It was a great craigslist find. the lived 2 miles down the road from me so it was an easy pick up. The color isn't a perfect match. it's a dark metallic green under the dust. It does blend together with the navy blue pretty well.

that cover gives a nice look. now you can even mount the amps in the bed

that cover gives a nice look. now you can even mount the amps in the bed

Can't mount the amps in the bed just yet. But great idea. I need to finish the current 2014 build before I start a 2015 build?

I love the rims you have on ur truck. I have a 98 ext with some 15x10 craigers on it but i want a pair of 18s

Thanks. Those wheels were sold as Cragers, Dante designs licenced the right to use the cragar name for a few sets of wheels. So I can say I have cragars also :) 18's great cause you can still have enough tire to jump a curb and not worry denting the wheels.

Archived