Twostrokeking Posted November 22, 2012 Author Report Posted November 22, 2012 But I thought it "Hertz So Damn Good"...? Lol you got me on that one My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
C-Fizzy Posted November 22, 2012 Report Posted November 22, 2012 So with a clipped signal you gain? Yes to a certain point also depends on burp vs music, I will gain on music for about first 15 seconds then shit starts getting a little hot, it just depends on freq, use the woofers to cool the coils, u need enough excursion help keep air moving if that makes sense. Cuz like higher hz songs I can't clip as long. Right. Now correct me if I'm wrong but not everyone is louder with a clipped signal, right? under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
AMI CUSTOMS Posted November 22, 2012 Report Posted November 22, 2012 C-fizzy that is correct. Not everyone, I have seen several builds, even ones I have done that are louder clean or soft clip, but lose a lot on hard clip. My pickup has always liked clipping when on the meter also like both windows down which makes no sense. lol TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain 3x Streetbeat World Record Holder 2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4 2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db 2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db 2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4 2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db 2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db 2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012 (4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log Evo X build log Facebook page The Black Nasty
C-Fizzy Posted November 22, 2012 Report Posted November 22, 2012 Not enough cabin space to pressurize? You do have 20 pounds of shit in a 5 pound shit bag lol under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
bre2ts Posted November 22, 2012 Report Posted November 22, 2012 didn't read anything but most hearing damage is temporary and you will recover with time and being away from the loud noises. trust me i forgot to wear my hearing protection once while having a b1 bomber take off over me. way louder than any system you'll ever hear Feedback 1 | Feedback 2 you win some, you lose some
Twostrokeking Posted November 22, 2012 Author Report Posted November 22, 2012 Woke up and everything feels normal! My Truck BuildSpending money on things I don't need, to impress others I don't know.At the end of the day for me its about the love of customizing anything and everything to limits or even past reasonable.-SkyHighCarAudio
TeamHT Posted November 22, 2012 Report Posted November 22, 2012 Low freq bass wont damage your hearing like high freq will ie a gun shot. Over time it can and will damage hearing, but a few minutes of even 160s level in the 30-50 hz range won't be permanent, just hurt a little. Now continued exposure will damage your hearing even low freq. Just a price you pay to be a basshead. From years of hearing 150s+ on music, I can tell my hearing is worse then it was 10 years ago, when people are talking to me I have to ask them to repeat what they said or huh? Come again? What was that? 10 years ago I didn't have to. If it is starting to hurt, you need to turn it down or leave the area. Just make a decision if you want to take it or not. And only a doc can tell you if you have permanent damage for sure. Also just could be old age, lol Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Nikitaaa Posted November 22, 2012 Report Posted November 22, 2012 Low freq bass wont damage your hearing like high freq will ie a gun shot. Over time it can and will damage hearing, but a few minutes of even 160s level in the 30-50 hz range won't be permanent, just hurt a little. Now continued exposure will damage your hearing even low freq. Just a price you pay to be a basshead. From years of hearing 150s+ on music, I can tell my hearing is worse then it was 10 years ago, when people are talking to me I have to ask them to repeat what they said or huh? Come again? What was that? 10 years ago I didn't have to. If it is starting to hurt, you need to turn it down or leave the area. Just make a decision if you want to take it or not. And only a doc can tell you if you have permanent damage for sure. Also just could be old age, lol I was thinking the exact same thing. But who knows.. 2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX (4) Sundown Audio X-8's (2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's (3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries (1) Mechman 240 3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunkTEAM NWSPLBest termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 classBest termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class155db outlaw
wmrcs Posted November 22, 2012 Report Posted November 22, 2012 Low freq bass wont damage your hearing like high freq will ie a gun shot. Over time it can and will damage hearing, but a few minutes of even 160s level in the 30-50 hz range won't be permanent, just hurt a little. Now continued exposure will damage your hearing even low freq. Just a price you pay to be a basshead. From years of hearing 150s+ on music, I can tell my hearing is worse then it was 10 years ago, when people are talking to me I have to ask them to repeat what they said or huh? Come again? What was that? 10 years ago I didn't have to. If it is starting to hurt, you need to turn it down or leave the area. Just make a decision if you want to take it or not. And only a doc can tell you if you have permanent damage for sure. Also just could be old age, lol I was thinking the exact same thing. But who knows.. Nikita, my ears had that muffled feeling like there was cotton in my ears until about 2 am last night from sticking my head inside your bandpass but it's just about gone now. I think hearing damage from bass is minor and slow and won't be noticed unless you compare hearing over a long period of time. It's a price I'm willing to pay though for bass. Bass relieves stress. E34 540iT/6
Nikitaaa Posted November 22, 2012 Report Posted November 22, 2012 DUDE, the second you stuck your head into my loading wall on the high note of "trunk bang" I knew you were fucked... Lmao 2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX (4) Sundown Audio X-8's (2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's (3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries (1) Mechman 240 3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunkTEAM NWSPLBest termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 classBest termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class155db outlaw
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.