Sundown Audio

How to set your Subsonic filter

BeatNdown8o8

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do I know exactly wat hz the filter is set to? mine has a min of 15hz and a max of 35hz.

I use a DMM if you don't have a CC-1 . Play a tone at the freq you want to set at, and at a moderate volume, without te subs hooked up. Adjust the SSF till you start to see a voltage drop. It won't be quite as accurate as a CC-1 but it will be pretty close. Same goes for LPF and HPF.

I wish i had more disposable income. I would test the half octave rule with subs like the skar 12's that ave an fs of 29hz. So I would build a box, tune to like 40 and see how it responds as I get closer to the fs of the sub. Then try a sub with an fs of like 40hhz and see how it responds to a box tuned way lower than the fs. I would like to try tons of combinations of things like that to see what happens.

How do I know exactly wat hz the filter is set to? mine has a min of 15hz and a max of 35hz.

I use a DMM if you don't have a CC-1 . Play a tone at the freq you want to set at, and at a moderate volume, without te subs hooked up. Adjust the SSF till you start to see a voltage drop. It won't be quite as accurate as a CC-1 but it will be pretty close. Same goes for LPF and HPF.

Turn your SSF all the way down, play the tone where you want to set your filter at (say 28hz, for example) measure the voltage with a DMM, multiply that number by 0.70710678118654752440084436210485(or however accurate you choose. .707 is a good number) then adjust your filter until the output voltage at that frequency matches your calculated voltage

What about in Infinite Baffle?

Two Fi IB312's on an AQ 750.1.

Zeke

'14

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS

MONTEside00030001.jpg

Vehicle Details & Mod List: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1703-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

Audio Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143276-2003-chevy-monte-carlo-ss-audio-build-ib-build

Pioneer FH-P8000BT

Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1

Fi IB3 (Two 12", 2-ohm SVC)

RF T400-2 & T500-1bdCP

MechMan S Series 240A

XS Power D3400 & D975

311-vector-logo_zps0d152f73.png sutliffSig_zpsb1df26dd.png

• 6 months later...

Archived