BEEMDUB Posted November 29, 2012 Report Posted November 29, 2012 I have two stock 6x9s in my rear deck should I just disconnect em and focus on my front stage? My front stage has 1 6.5 comp set, and 2 st-200s, I know its not a lot but I will probably upgrade my 6.5 comp set over winter break and get a good active xover. Do any of you guys just not use a rear stage?
ric006 Posted November 29, 2012 Report Posted November 29, 2012 could build a 6x9 bracket out of wood and cut a 6.5 hole speaker and go that route
n8ball2013 Posted November 29, 2012 Report Posted November 29, 2012 i have mine still but i have it faded to the front. only comes on if my duaghter is listening to one of her cds or something. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
SlamminBeats Posted November 29, 2012 Report Posted November 29, 2012 seal those holes up. Maybe buy those boom mats that conform to 6x9 holes?
BEEMDUB Posted November 29, 2012 Author Report Posted November 29, 2012 could build a 6x9 bracket out of wood and cut a 6.5 hole speaker and go that route I was thinking about doing that, then I had this idea to scrap it completely haha i have mine still but i have it faded to the front. only comes on if my duaghter is listening to one of her cds or something. Yea I thought of just fading it, but I never have rear passengers so I don't really care to much, I just want a setup that's going to be decently loud but mostly sound quality. I was looking at the new sundown 6.5 comp set so I might look into those, I figure some high quality comps with the supertweets I got (will probably get two more of those) will give me decently good SQ
BEEMDUB Posted November 29, 2012 Author Report Posted November 29, 2012 seal those holes up. Maybe buy those boom mats that conform to 6x9 holes? yea I gotta seal my doors deff I'm gonna get some deadener soon as well as the proper adapters for the 6.5s...btw I texted u back ha
onelivinlarge Posted November 29, 2012 Report Posted November 29, 2012 remove they serve no point at least in sq 1) lookj to left 2) NOTICE BLKUE 3) ME > Y9OU 4) that is all
Skullz Posted November 29, 2012 Report Posted November 29, 2012 You could remove them or as N8 said just fade the front and leave it at that. It really does sound better with just the front only stage instead of the total car sound, it may take a few days or a week or two but once you get used the front only stage you won't want it any other way again. I would upgrade to a really nice set of components that are capable of taking power and push around 150w per and you'll have a very clean sounding and impressive front stage. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
BEEMDUB Posted November 29, 2012 Author Report Posted November 29, 2012 You could remove them or as N8 said just fade the front and leave it at that. It really does sound better with just the front only stage instead of the total car sound, it may take a few days or a week or two but once you get used the front only stage you won't want it any other way again. I would upgrade to a really nice set of components that are capable of taking power and push around 150w per and you'll have a very clean sounding and impressive front stage. that's pretty much what I'm leaning towards at this point, just a matter of finding the right set for what I need, since I'll only be running 1 set I imagine I'll need a pretty high quality one. suggestions for those are helpful
meade916 Posted November 29, 2012 Report Posted November 29, 2012 if you are going to start leaning toward a super clean SQ setup and you are serious about it, then probably would be best to remove it. If you are a little more carefree about it, it can still sound good and be loud with them in there. It just won't have very good imaging thats all. There are ways to keep the rear fill in an SQ setup but you have to be pretty serious about what you are doing. For gods sake though, try to keep as much of it coming from the front as possible because nothing sounds worse to me then hearing a system and all the sound is coming from behind my head and nothing up front All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications! http://www.youtube.com/meade916 Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them http://www.instagram.com/meade916 The Official SMD Facebook fan Page https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/ Follow my Tweet (Twitter) http://www.Twitter.com/meade916
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.