Anyone ever buy an ex police vehicle?

06 Tahoe with 100k on it, bought it a couple months ago. Drives great! Just make sure you check it over. At the end of the day it's still a car and it can have unpredictable failures.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

If you are gonna look for one. Look at a smaller city or town with less crime. Those cars are usually sold at an earlier age and less wear

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

If it's a take home car assigned to one officer odds are they took care if it.

If it's a fleet car that gets shared shift to shift.........

We beat the fuck outta those! GTA Chicago Edition!

LMFAO. you would know then, am I better off going to an auction to look for one? Or private sales on Craigslist?

I got mine from CL. I'd drive it more than my 10' Escape if the gas wasn't so costly lol.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Keep in mind what goes down in the back seat, it's probably been pissed on a few times. My instructor was telling a story on how a guy jizzed all over in the back seat..

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

It all depends on the size of the agency.

Departmenst in larger cities with higher crime rates will have cars with more wear and teat than mayberry. Also, in a large department vehicles cant be baby sat like in a small department due to logistics.

What you see at the auction is usualy the result of a large department selling a lot of 10-20 cars to one person who then takes them to tha auction to piece out and make a profit.

What gets bought at the auction is 2-4 of these by the same local dealer, we have all seen that guy in town who always has 2-5 retired squad cars on teh lot, who then cherry pics the best one for teh highest mark up or makes one good one out of the parts and sells the others at "reasonable" prices. Either way by teh time it gets to you all teh good ones have been cherry picked. CL sometimes has teh cherry picked jems, but even that is hit or miss and teh dods are left.

It's all a game. As stated above, its a car and should be looked over. Milage isnt a good indicator either as we have burired some cars under 80,000 miles.

Keys to look for with these:

Brake system, warped rotors, no pads, bad calipers or master cykinder issues. Brake fluid boils easy on these the way they get driven. I almost brake faded into a wall once, fuckin Tokyo drift style!

Trannies: not the ones you arest, teh nes in the cars. Not all cars have trans fluid coolers, so gues what.... I like My tranny Flame Broiled!

I have only seen two rear diferentials grenade so those are pretty bullet proof.

And motors... as long as they werent run dry and had oil changes every 5-7K they seem to run for 150-200K

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Keep in mind what goes down in the back seat, it's probably been pissed on a few times. My instructor was telling a story on how a guy jizzed all over in the back seat..

Smack him in the face and tell him to stop exagerating. Unless he was naked his pants and underwear ( if he was wearing any) would have caught all that shit. In teh back seat no one sits without cuffs on so theres no way he could have pulled it out eiether. And even if there was some residue left behind that when you make sure when you help them out of your back seat their entire body brushes past it like a dry mop.

The worst thing in a squad is puke or piss, but the cars that get sold at auction have the factory rears put in and teh hard plastic one for police use pulled out. That and the plastic barrier. That is unless your in mayberry and doing transports in a regular car, and to me thats suicide.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

I got a 99 vic at an action for 250 only problem it has was sometimes in the sunlight you could see where the old police stickers used to be

I sold a year later for 1200 cuz the tranny was slipping but I blame that on all the burnouts I did

Alpine 9884

RF T2 comp set up front

The Epicenter

2x RF T10001bd

2x Sundown sa-15 t-line

Big 3

Smd DD-1

Yea mine has a vinyl bench seat in the back and cloth up front. The cop I bought it from bought it from his department so he cleaned the shit out of it.

Funny story though, after the officer used it for personal use for awhile, his young daughters were messing around in the backseat. One of them were reaching their hands into the overhead vents and pulled out a decent sized bag of weed! Apparently it was very old but still. After that he walked a drug dog through it for anything else that could've been in there.

Could've been me! So lesson learned, have them search the back for drugs if possible.

Archived