I know this isn't the doctors... But WTF is going on???

Wait wait wait, I have GERD from what my doctor suspected a while back b/c I would wake up with a burning throat and occasionally get the feeling like something was stuck in my throat. I went on Prevacid for about a week or two which helped, then went off it for a bout a month so, then it kind of returned back Sept so I took one pill but that was also when I was diagnosed with my liver issue and since it goes through the liver I can't take it (plus i read that PPI's in the long run can damage the liver). All this I never actually had any heart burn, up until about October, I experienced my first heart burn "attack" and holy crap that scared me, my sternum was burning like hell. I let it go on for a few hours then I finally took like 2 Tums and soon it was gone! It happened a couple more times after that but has stopped since then.

Also, I believe its Vagus Nerve :)

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Thanks Tarball

So you haven't found a solution? Only ways to cope?

Thanks Tarball

So you haven't found a solution? Only ways to cope?

Basically that is correct. In theory, if I get the hernia repaired via surgery and it goes well that "should" be the solution. I can tell you that I feel WAY better today than I did 5 years ago when I first started having symptoms, back then it was non-stop for months on end. I was taking all the heartburn prescription meds and all that but there was no immediate solution. Now I take OTC heartburn drugs for 14 days every 4 months and it helps. But mostly diet and lifestyle changes have made the most impact I think. I can't image at 18 you have the exact same problem I did though. I used to do a lot of heavy lifting and pulling at work in and my body was a beer filter for most of my 20s. Which came with a fair share of puking my guts out. I have a feeling that was a large contributor to my issue as well as crappy diet, grease, fat, burgers, pizza, spice food, hot sauce, you name it.

Who knows if this is what you have though, keep at the doctors and dont let them tell you its anxiety crap. Your body knows when something is wrong - so of course there is going to be anxiety. The problem is, with all the anxiety it makes it more difficult to diagnose the actual problem because the racing heart sweat etc throw distractive symptoms. I remember spending countless hours browsing the internet all hours of the night because I could not sleep due to the symptoms and anxiety I was having.

Hang in there, follow up with the doctors, acknowledge the anxiety to the dr and make it clear that something in your body is causing the symptom which is triggering the anxiety so they take you serious. If you say "its not anxiety" when your symptoms clearly present as such, yeah, they are going to only treat the anxiety. While your at it you may as well have them check you for gerd and/or hiatal hernia, just to rule something else out if nothing else.

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Was feeling pretty good today. Decided to see where I'm at and had a couple chicken strips for lunch. I guess I'll know in an hour how I'm doing - since the symptoms seem to present themselves most strongly after I eat haha.

Still cant figure out: I have a constant, mild fever (99.4-99.6 range) but my white blood cell count is normal?

Gosh I forgot how good food tasted... I've only had a couple of cliff bars and some fruit the past 3 weeks. Lost 15lbs so far

Well, now it seems that I just feel a heavy pressure in my head and feel like I have SEVERE add once my food starts to digest

I'm going to guess it's not environmental.

I'm in Hawaii and I'm having another spell

I didn't think it's environments either. It's in your head dude

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

• 1 month later...

Quick update on things: I'm at this place called the Mayo clinic, in Rochester, MN right now since the doctors at home reached a point of not knowing what's going on.

The panic attacks have mostly gone away - I still get them occasionally, but it's only once every couple days.

We've ruled out a bunch of things

No arrhythmia - at least none that's caused by the heart itself. It's been determined that it's a symptom, not a cause. My heart rate will go from ~80(resting), down to 50-60, then shoot up to ~120, then come back down to 80 over the course of 5-10 seconds.

Blood chemistry is normal

Hearing is normal, despite the ringing

Not any type of siezure

And it's not a form of vertigo.

So tomorrow, I'm off to the neurologist here to take a look at some things there.

Wish me luck! Since this is getting to be very annoying lol

Archived