Loud & Low 8th Gen Civic - Time to say good bye to her.

Videos...of the flex...right...MEOW!!!

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Looks kickass, scott!

The one ton is sitting back there needing some love too :bigok:

Oh I have big plans in the works for that thing. I'm going to take it to have the motor tested. If it is what I think it is, we're going to be dropping a new 460 in it and calling her a day. Then the banks system that's sitting in the garage will go on as well. Black paint job, tonneau cover, and some XD Rockstars with 35's on it to set it off. New HID projector headlights up front and tint all the windows all the way around. Put another 4" on the suspension, and move on to the audio (blow through cough cough). When I do the audio I'll either re do the interior in the oem grey, or I'll just black the whole truck out and do black interior too. The motor, and banks system is the most important thing though now.

Videos...of the flex...right...MEOW!!!

I'm still tweaking it. No vidz yet. I'll see about them this weekend. I'm not overly ecstatic about the results yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry it's been so long since I updated this. Some things in our lives are changing, by our I mean my family and mine.

We have had a series of events go on in the last couple of weeks. First, my parents have offered us a very generous gift. My mom has a 2012 Honda Oddessy Touring Edition, which is loaded to the ceiling. She doesn't like it anymore cause it's "too big". So they've offered it to us as a gift. Best part is, as it being a gift, it's already paid off and that means a practically brand new vehicle, for nothing.

Not 3 days after that offer, my wife was rear ended on the freeway in her Accord. So now it's in the shop. Wife is ok, no severe injuries. But it did cause $5200 in damage. So that's in the shop now.

How does all that impact this build you're probably asking. Well like this. My civic is starting to show signs of wear. Aside of the stuff I've done to it, cutting the rear deck etc. The suspension is showing signs, and other places. My wife's Accord is in much better shape, aside of the accident issues. So we're probably going to be selling my civic, and I'm going to be getting the Accord. It's actually a much better vehicle. But this will all be in time. We're still sorting things out. But if it does in fact go down this way, then I'll need to strip the civic, and get it back to sellable conditions.

Then at that point, I'll start building the accord. Should all be the same equipment, except I'm considering going to a single 15 instead of 2 12's. But I'm not going to be doing any decision making until it gets to be more of a finalized deal.

I've also been working a second job with my cousin, doing construction, to make some extra money. I'm trying to convince my wife that we should sell the cars and the truck and get a new daily driver truck, but as far as I drive for work, she's not really going for that. So we'll just have to wait and see where the cards lay.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying the HELL OUT of this thing! It's really Loud and Low!!

Is your civic paid for? If so hold onto it and make it a toy. You've spent too much time on it to dump it now. Drive the accord daily instead

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The civic is paid off, the accord will be paid off this month, the truck is paid off and the van is paid off.

BOOM, funny you say that, That's what I want. A ram 2500 mega cab (so I can put subs in it) with the diesel. Actually I booked the van and it's around $30k trade in value. My wife wants a GL 450, so I told her we could trade the van in for that, pay it off in a year or so. Then sell the other three vehicles, civic, accord, and truck, and buy my Ram. She wasn't going for it for some reason. Anyway.

So yes they're all paid off, or going to be this month. However, we do still owe my mother in law. That's our last debt. So if we sell one of the cars, that will pay her off. Then we're debt free, aside of normal monthly bills.

The reason I'd like the accord better, is because it's a little bigger, and has more power. It's got a bigger motor, it's automatic, and the trunk is a little larger. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to have any toys. We don't have that kind of money for me to be able to have a toy, not and stay married anyway. But if we end up debt free, that means we'll be one step closer to a travel trailer in the future which is our future plan. So it'll all work out in some way. But I am ready for a new vehicle. The civic needs new suspension, will need new tires before the winter, going to need new door panels so I can re do the doors, and lots of other work. I can't get the damn battery light to turn off. I'm just kind of ready to start over again in a new something or other. Some way or another, which ever one it is, one of the cars is going to get sold to pay off the last of our debt. This van is a blessing in that way because it allows us to do that.

Now with Billy's help, thanks buddy, we've got the truck running fantastic so I really don't want to get rid of it. The only way I will is if the wife agrees to allow me to get a new one. So that's going on the toy list next. I have big plans for it, and she's agreed to most of them, the others I'll get some how hehe!

I'll update when I have more to update, some things are still up in the air, like if the accord is going to in fact be fixed or not. We'd prefer a check, but we think it's going to be fixed. Oh and I said the amount wrong it was $7200 in damage, not $5200.

Kyle thanks for asking bro. I've been crazy busy with work, and working after work, and daughters softball, being sick and just craziness. Jen's fine, things are going ok. she HATED driving the civic for those two days though lmao!

Ok folks, well I have some news.

It's official, we'll be selling the civic. She's been a good car, it's been a good run, but it's run it's course and it's time to let her go. I'll be stripping her out, and getting her back to stock and looking good enough to sell.

It's a sad day and a good day for me at the same time. Moving on is a good thing sometimes, and I think this is one of those times. I'm not 100% sure what's going to be next. I know my wife wants to keep our Accord, it's an 06 same year as the civic, and gets just as good a gas mileage, with a little bigger motor, but I'm not sure I want it. I'm honestly fighting for a new vehicle. Not new off the lot with 5 miles new, but new to me. Maybe something within the last 4 years new would be good. Not sure how that will go, it's not going well so far, but I'll keep you all updated as I find out more.

I'm going to be keeping everything that was in the civic audio wise. I just have to wait and see what I have next as a platform to see what I'm going to keep and change up.

Thanks for everyone's support in following this, and the suggestions, and the help in the build by those who did.

I will be back, I will be building, and it will be better and cleaner!! Just don't know what in yet. Look for more in the future from me.

:cray::sadwavey:

Archived