Nautiluz Posted February 8, 2013 Author Report Posted February 8, 2013 Wait !! Id like to ask how your cutting the plexi/lexan?? How is it not getting hot, and mushing up on you??? I see your using a router, but, does the tool not start to get hot, especially with that thinkness, and start to melt???? Please advise? Most of the plate is cut with CNC in small steps of 5mm. You can cut it with a router with smal steps and "low" speed. Done some cut with my Festool saw no problem but you need a special saw blade made for composites. Here I cut it with my saw, 1/2" each run. Notis how much "dust" that was left. Love festool! Done My car audio build page on facebook: www.facebook.com/nautiluzcreation Store: www.nzc.no
Kyblack76 Posted February 8, 2013 Report Posted February 8, 2013 Ok, cool. So you understand my question. I was cutting 3/8's at work today. Using a jig saw, and a standard bit. Hell, i could barely move without it getting hot, and "gumming up". Know what i mean? I dont get how clean your doing it, and AT THAT THICKNESS!!!... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
I.V Posted February 8, 2013 Report Posted February 8, 2013 wow real nice real nice 06 Trailblazer ss2 Team shok industries tsx 18sPhoenix Gold ''THE ONE''2 Phoenix gold 800.44 crescendo mp6.2 crescendo mp8bass processor Dc power 270xp 150ft 1/0 ofc sky high cable1 juicebox lithium 0.5kwh 14v/40ahkenwood dnx8120BCAE1.com YouTube channel : REaudioxxx1build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160106-trailblazer-ss-xxx/
Nautiluz Posted February 8, 2013 Author Report Posted February 8, 2013 Ok, cool. So you understand my question. I was cutting 3/8's at work today. Using a jig saw, and a standard bit. Hell, i could barely move without it getting hot, and "gumming up". Know what i mean? I dont get how clean your doing it, and AT THAT THICKNESS!!!... Made a quick drawing of how your jigsaw blade should look like. This is seen from above, you can se the teeth cutting more on the side on the one at the left. This means that there will be more space for rest of the blade. Then you have less friction and less heat. My car audio build page on facebook: www.facebook.com/nautiluzcreation Store: www.nzc.no
Kyblack76 Posted February 8, 2013 Report Posted February 8, 2013 Ok, cool. So you understand my question. I was cutting 3/8's at work today. Using a jig saw, and a standard bit. Hell, i could barely move without it getting hot, and "gumming up". Know what i mean? I dont get how clean your doing it, and AT THAT THICKNESS!!!... Made a quick drawing of how your jigsaw blade should look like. This is seen from above, you can se the teeth cutting more on the side on the one at the left. This means that there will be more space for rest of the blade. Then you have less friction and less heat. Dude,... makes sense... I have other blades for other cuts for other tools. Fact is, im impressed..... blow me, im impressed... Nicely done my friend..... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
purplesyrup Posted February 8, 2013 Report Posted February 8, 2013 car audio boner! amazing work here
Nathan Daniel Galen Posted February 8, 2013 Report Posted February 8, 2013 Damn I'm sure what should set the level of impressive anymore, amps under the car hood, full tear down of car interior for dynamat, insane box builds, you broke the scale man makes the stuff I do for audio seem miniscule lol
Kevin M Posted February 14, 2013 Report Posted February 14, 2013 Stellar craftsmanship 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
CW06Silvy Posted February 14, 2013 Report Posted February 14, 2013 speechless.. 2006 Silverado Ext. Cab 6-15" SSA ZCONS 4th Order Blow-Through Pioneer AVH-P4200dvd American Bass VFL 1100.1 12 volt 6 C&D Batteries 2-350A Singer Alternators and Stock Alt DC Power Triple Alt Kit MLA Module 3 Runs of 1/0 2 Sets of Boston Acoustics 6.5 Pro Components Boston Acoustics 2-channel Lots of Sound Deadener ....Build still in Progress...
Kyblack76 Posted February 14, 2013 Report Posted February 14, 2013 Came back to this build, just because I dig on it so much. I can look at the pics all day. Again bro, just killer work, gear, and attention to detail and the "small" things. I dig how the lighting turned out. The last pic, is that color orange or red? I like that last one..... Anyway. I don't NEED updates on a build like this. You can sit and look hard at the pics, and find shit all day. Really really like this one. Cheers man.... SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.