Second Skin Audio

The Kicker has a new line-class: CompS. Your thoughts?

Smurfboy

I have not visited Kicker site for a long time until recently and saw a new line-class: CompS. So basically, the power of CompS is about as twice as it previous line, the original Comp. The design of CompS is not much of a difference than Comp other than some "beefier-looking." I tried searching around site stores to see if they're selling it and couldn't find it (I guess they're not out just yet?) So what are you thoughts on the new line? If I have a van, I wouldn't mind buy 8 or more of CompS (if price is right) and can deliver some nice scores.

I hope Kicker will be able to come up with new line for 2013, something as strong, if not stronger than Solo X with new technology and all that, perhaps? Or maybe I'm expecting something too much, lol.

To see the pictures of CompS, here's the link:

http://www.kicker.com/CompS

-Smurfboy

Looks like another lowend sub to me....For what they are I bet they cost more than they should. If youa re going to do 8 subs in a van why not look at some other manufacturers with competting subs at better price points/higher quality/better specs? just a thought.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Looks like another lowend sub to me....For what they are I bet they cost more than they should. If youa re going to do 8 subs in a van why not look at some other manufacturers with competting subs at better price points/higher quality/better specs? just a thought.

Yeah, CompS probably cost more than CVR or something, I'd say. No doubt about it. I thought the price for L3 was bit over-price, compare to other brand-name subwoofers.

if you look at the product lines at the top of the page on the link you will see that the sub lines are in order...this is a low end line but above Comps....I would guess these will be like $20 or so more than the regular Comps.....

for what they will probably cost there are better options available

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Looks like Walmart is going to have higher power handling subs. Lmao

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

Archived