all4spl Posted December 13, 2012 Report Posted December 13, 2012 Right now I have a RF t400-2 which is 120watts per channel at 4ohm, which is what I run it at. I am currently not happy with the output of my components and I want to change the tweeters to something that can not only handle the power and not cut out then come back on at lower volume, but will also sound good. (yeah sound good I know relative term). So what I need is to find something that will handle at LEAST 60Watts RMS and if possible 125Watts RMS as I will be upgrading to a 4 channel soon and doing active on my front stage. Forgot to add, I really do not want to build out my doors, I can fit a 1" tweeter in each factory location depth is NOT an issue so they can be deep but just need a 1" face size roughly. Input, links and opinions lets hear em! Retired from SPL again.... 2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db 2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder
audiolamb6 Posted December 13, 2012 Report Posted December 13, 2012 i love my morel dotech also have ran cdt they were nice
BobbyG2 Posted December 13, 2012 Report Posted December 13, 2012 I think your best bet is the Image Dynamics Silk Domes (100rms, 93db sensitivity, $120/pair): https://www.woofersetc.com/p-5718-xs-28-image-dynamics-28mm-silk-dome-tweeters-pair.aspx *New vehicle and system coming soon.*
all4spl Posted December 13, 2012 Author Report Posted December 13, 2012 I grabbed a pair of these since they were on special, but I don't want to overlook something else that might be better, I can always use these in my bookshelf speaker project. http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/auto-tweeters/seas-prestige-27tffnc-h1396-1-textile-dome-tweeter-no-grill-special/ Retired from SPL again.... 2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db 2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder
all4spl Posted December 13, 2012 Author Report Posted December 13, 2012 I think your best bet is the Image Dynamics Silk Domes (100rms, 93db sensitivity, $120/pair): https://www.wooferse...eters-pair.aspx Hard to tell if that is 100watts RMS per driver or for the pair. Retired from SPL again.... 2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db 2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder
Omega5002 Posted December 13, 2012 Report Posted December 13, 2012 These might do it as well http://www.parts-exp...tnumber=275-140 Edit: Forgot about needing to be a certain size. 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
OrionStang Posted December 13, 2012 Report Posted December 13, 2012 Find your local Hertz dealer and get some HT28's. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
BobbyG2 Posted December 13, 2012 Report Posted December 13, 2012 ^ They're per side. The Dayton RS are awesome too, but their faceplace is 4" wide. *New vehicle and system coming soon.*
all4spl Posted December 13, 2012 Author Report Posted December 13, 2012 Hertz look nice, however that is a bit pricey! Retired from SPL again.... 2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db 2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder
all4spl Posted December 13, 2012 Author Report Posted December 13, 2012 Got some more input and decided on a pair of Kicker KS25 for now these should be what I am looking for. But thanks for all the input! Retired from SPL again.... 2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db 2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.