Second Skin Audio

What woofers next?

hondakid1996

Here's my advice, build a proper box for your existing equipment and see what you're missing. 15 square inches of port on a tune of 28Hz is a little too much in my opinion. 28Hz is also too low for that sub. Build a box tuned up around 32-35 and see if you find some output you might be missing now.

Also, you didn't say what coil configuration you have, D2s or D4s? Since you don't have the budget yet, I'd get some wood, build a box that's better and see if you find your missing output. You didn't say what type of vehicle, if you've done the Big3, or if you have a good battery, or runs of 1/0 gauge wire either. Info is KING in getting some good help from us.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Here's my advice, build a proper box for your existing equipment and see what you're missing. 15 square inches of port on a tune of 28Hz is a little too much in my opinion. 28Hz is also too low for that sub. Build a box tuned up around 32-35 and see if you find some output you might be missing now.

Also, you didn't say what coil configuration you have, D2s or D4s? Since you don't have the budget yet, I'd get some wood, build a box that's better and see if you find your missing output. You didn't say what type of vehicle, if you've done the Big3, or if you have a good battery, or runs of 1/0 gauge wire either. Info is KING in getting some good help from us.

sorry for not giving more info. Vehicle is a 91 Honda accord sedan. Subs are d4's wired to one ohm on the us. Electrical consists of a bigger Honda odyssey alt (130 amps), 1 run of knukonceptz colossus 0 gauge, big 3 done in same wire, 1 marine dee cycle up front and 2 shuriken bt20's in the back, 0 gauge to the amp. Full tilt at idle doesn't drop below 12 and cruising at 2k rpm doesn't drop below 12.8. But might I ask why I should build a new higher tuned box? I despise the higher notes to be honest. My same woofers were used in my buddy's tahoe (4 of them) tuned to 26 and it murdered. Im sure id gain in the lower 40hz range, but nothing I listen to plays up there. Also, my current box is built pretty well. I designed it using Torres and it came out damn near perfect. 36 wide, 23 deep and 15 tall with a 4 inch wide port which I believe is 40 inches long. Not sure on port length though. Also have it double faced and the woofers flush mounted.

You and I might need to chat, I have a car a bit newer but you could look for ideas on my build. PM me and check out my YouTube videos. I think it will help you

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

Your buddies Tahoe had a lower resonant frequency, that's why they murdered. Your car has a higher resonant frequency and you can't expect the subs to perform the same as they did with the same tune as your friends Tahoe. You should tune closer to 32-35 to see if the subs perform as they should.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Your buddies Tahoe had a lower resonant frequency, that's why they murdered. Your car has a higher resonant frequency and you can't expect the subs to perform the same as they did with the same tune as your friends Tahoe. You should tune closer to 32-35 to see if the subs perform as they should.

alright, makes since. So you think if I tune a bit higher ill still drop low? I mean don't get me wrong, it moves a shit ton of air as it is. I can float a shop rag in the passenger window with the driver door open and pull small hair tricks. I just want more. To cj, what's the price on a pair shipped to 44240?

your freq in that car is 39hz. as already said by Cleansierra, your box is wrong and i would go there first and learn how a box works how a cars res frequency works what an F3 of a box means and various other things that WILL help you create a proper box. Then I'd ditch Alpines (sq) line.

alright, makes since. So you think if I tune a bit higher ill still drop low? I mean don't get me wrong, it moves a shit ton of air as it is. I can float a shop rag in the passenger window with the driver door open and pull small hair tricks. I just want more. To cj, what's the price on a pair shipped to 44240?

Archived