Um, WTF exploded in my engine bay?

So I get home from school today, and I leave my phone in the car, when I went back to get it I heard this weird ass high pitched noise. I found it coming from my car, so obviously I open the hood and voila, theres a hissing and evaporating noise coming from, what I believe is the place where you put the oil in? Sorry I'm not good with knowing exactly what's what but it looks like the oil to me. I notice what appears to be a dried liquid all over the engine bay, and liquid on the carb, the pans, and everything surrounding the front of the engine? It was also smoking a little bit of white smoke from either the serpentine belt or the belt right next to the serpentine belt. I have a few pics and a video, does anyone know wtf happened?

*********************************** I had the oil changed last week for the first time in 4000 miles.******************************************

PLEASE CLICK ON THIS FOR THE VIDEO, ITS ON PHOTOBUCKET:

th_001-8.jpg

HERES REGULAR PICS:

011-3.jpg

013-5.jpg

015-4.jpg

017-4.jpg

018-3.jpg

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Do you still have oil pressure? Sure it isn't the power steering? Looks like you have a coolant leak too. Make sure you don't have coolant in the oil (bad head gasket) That would make it smoke out the tail pipe.

• pa-pa-platypus

• sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls

Do you still have oil pressure? Sure it isn't the power steering? Looks like you have a coolant leak too. Make sure you don't have coolant in the oil (bad head gasket) That would make it smoke out the tail pipe.

Pretty damn sure a head gasket wont put water in the, only thing that really does that is a cracked block. Head gasket just puts exhaust pressure in the cooling system and overheats the car, or put water in the cylinder and makes it smoke. But, yea, coolant leak from probably a heater hose or something.

Gm had some engines that had a aluminum fitting for the heater hose that went into the back of the intake, it was prone to corrosion and rusting and then leaking.

does it smell sweet when you put your nose near the stuff that is on the engine? if so that is radiator fluid and it kinda sounds like maybe your hose has a puncture hole in it or your clamp for the radiator hose may be out of round and not holding it tight to the pipe.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Pretty damn sure a head gasket wont put water in the, only thing that really does that is a cracked block. Head gasket just puts exhaust pressure in the cooling system and overheats the car, or put water in the cylinder and makes it smoke. But, yea, coolant leak from probably a heater hose or something.

Gm had some engines that had a aluminum fitting for the heater hose that went into the back of the intake, it was prone to corrosion and rusting and then leaking.

A blown headgasket can cause water/coolant to leak into the oil... seen it many a time...

It does look like there is coolant leaking. Given the location of some of that I'm also leaning towards power steering fluid.

2011 Chevrolet Aveo(click for build log)
Clarion NX-603
SKAR 4500.1D
Iraggi 320A alt

Knukonceptz 1/0 Kollosus Fleks Cable
8 AWG Sky High Car Audio OFC

1/0- Sky High Car Audio

2- XP3000 XS Power Batteries
SMD VM-1
2- 12" Ascendant Audio Mayhems

Toolmaker Fuse block

Toolmaker Bus Bars

(Last Season scores 1-15" Mayhem)

145.2 dB- Sealed @ NSPL World Finals (9/28/14)

148.1 dB- Hardcore @ NSPL World Finals (9/27/14)

150.23-- Hardcore on 4500 Watts!!!!

New Build (2015, 2-12" Mayhems)

146.9- Sealed on dash

149.6 dB- Hardcore in Kick (No wall 0-24" Hardcore)

Looks like the front seal on your p/s pump may have gone out. and the hissing can be from low fluid, let it go too long on low fluid and youll burn the pump. And as mentioned from a few of the other guys about the coolant leak. Would deff look into things before driving it any longer

SDC10144-1.jpg

does the car have ac?

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

Thanks for the feedback and I agree after looking at it with more light and space, I have noticed a few things, the antifreeze is empty, so that is definitely part of it. Oil is good (no bubbles thank god) and the power brakes are fine too, but whoever called the powersteering was also right, as I just tried to turn it when stopped and it won't turn, so that is ALSO busted................................hopefully it's just a few hose issues but we'll see.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

the hissing while it is off is more than likely your radiator hose from the heat that builds up in the system when it is not being run through the engine. The power steering is just a rubber hose with a metal end that sticks out and goes into the back of your power steering pump then to the steering assembly itself. I had one go on my dads tahoe but i didnt replace it myself so idk if you need to bleed them or just try to get as much power steering fluid in the system as possible then attach the new hose or what.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Archived