XS Power

Been troubleshooting why my car has been hard to start lately; sensors, tune, all vacuum and cai hoses. It all checks out. Didn't consider my underhood battery (S1200) because it rests at 12.1-12.2. Not amazing, but not terrible.

Could the battery still be bad? Like when I turn the key, could the voltage drop way down? It is almost 3 years old.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

That's the voltage when you go out in the morning? That's pretty terrible. Mine in my vehicle have always rested between 12.9-13.1. Same goes for the D975 in my granddad's camaro.

Sounds like a drain somewhere or dead/dying battery.

Edited by memphisBred

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

You sure it's charged?

Hasn't been on a charger since september. But even then was resting at 12.4-12.5.

That's the voltage when you go out in the morning? That's pretty terrible. Mine in my vehicle have always rested between 12.9-13.1. Same goes for the D975 in my granddad's camaro.

Sounds like a drain somewhere or dead/dying battery.

Yes thats voltage first thing. It has been dipping into the 30's, which is when the starting problems started. I think it was on its way out, and the cold is finishing it off. It did go through 2 German winters and a boat ride across the Atlantic. Time for a new one.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

the voltages seem to drop in the winter, mine seems to rest at around 12.6-12.3 depending on how cold it is, I charge mine on the intellecharger every night, only 2 years old with a d3100 and a d3400, these batteries should easily last 5 years or more if you take care of them.. :/

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

Battery is done for sure. Was at 12 volts at midnight when I went to work. By the time I went to the gym, it was resting at 11.9. Another tell-tell sign, my alt is steady charging at 14.4, it usually charges in the mid 13's. Got a new one on the way, just hope it makes it before I get stuck somewhere.

Before any body says it, there is no draw from anything while the car is off, I disconnected my HU, amp, radar, and phone charger, and all battery and big connections are tight.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

The one I have really isn't good for the xs batteries since it charges at 15.5 or so. Hear that is too much of a charge on them and causes them to gas and not last as long. I'm still trying to find a charger that works well besides the xs intelicharger. 200 bones is a lot of money for me right now considering my hours at work are getting cut by 10 to 20 hours a week starting on January 1st. Thanks Obama Care....

Edited by Blue

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks