Little Project For An Upcoming Competition

why so many distribution blocks? that'll kill your voltage sometimes.

im only using them for when i compete (in MECA) they have fuse rules and i am only limited to like 59amps of fusing in my class...so instead of burping off a single 50amp fuse or so (which i did in the past and it almost blew immediately)..i heard some people have more luck with doing a bunch of smaller fuses vs. one larger fuse...so im shooting for 11 5 amp fuses..

its for comps only again, it will be removed afterwords...

i likes me some audio stuff...

im only using them for when i compete (in MECA) they have fuse rules and i am only limited to like 59amps of fusing in my class...so instead of burping off a single 50amp fuse or so (which i did in the past and it almost blew immediately)..i heard some people have more luck with doing a bunch of smaller fuses vs. one larger fuse...so im shooting for 11 5 amp fuses..

its for comps only again, it will be removed afterwords...

well i wish you luck my brother

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Well, I worked on this a little more last night for 3 or 4 hours…I was listening to tornado sirens blaring outside for most of the night and it sounded like my garage door was gonna blow in a few times..lol…

First I worked on the fuse holders and stuff…

DSCF1170.jpg

DSCF1171.jpg

DSCF1172.jpg

carpet….doesnt match the other carpet but its better than bare wood imo…

DSCF1173.jpg

DSCF1177.jpg

DSCF1176.jpg

the distro block on the left is power in from the car and the distro on the right with the 1/0 coming out of it goes to the amp…

DSCF1192.jpg

then I finished up the port….

Taking the other port out…I gotta take the top aero out before I can pull the port plug…

DSCF1179.jpg

DSCF1180.jpg

test fitting the other port…

DSCF1181.jpg

DSCF1182.jpg

DSCF1183.jpg

im not gonna use the washers I think

DSCF1184.jpg

DSCF1185.jpg

look how close this is…I swear, if it was like 1/16” wider it wouldn’t fit…

DSCF1187.jpg

all carpeted with some weather stripping applied

DSCF1190.jpg

DSCF1191.jpg

that’s it for now…I think im gonna paint the port black later tonight….and I might have to re-do that fuses setup depending on some things…but we will see

all put back together (for now)

DSCF1193.jpg

finished everything up tonight…

I had to switch up my fuse setup slightly….for one thing the back seat wouldn’t completely fold up when the fuse “shelf” was in place so I had to put it sideways….i also had to go back and shorten up all of the wires before the amp b/c my fuses werent within the 18” distance from the amp which is not allowed if I wanna stay in S1 in MECA…I also painted the port black….pics….

New wiring/fuse position

DSCF1196.jpg

had to make a little block to screw the top of the holder into b/c it wanted to snap off when I shut the back seat

DSCF1197.jpg

port painted…I still don’t think im gonna use the washers, only b/c they hang over the lip of the port some…idk…but im done for now until the competition rolls around in a couple of weeks…

DSCF1194.jpg

DSCF1200.jpg

DSCF1205.jpg

DSCF1202.jpg

whats up Andy next time you stop by the shop i whant to listen to your ride

sure thing...the highs suck b/c they arent amped and im too broke to do anything about it....but the bass sure is lovely!!

edit: hey steve.....u all dont happen to have a mic do you? i doubt u do, but thought id ask...

Edited by amatt85

looking real cool man. Let us know what kind of numbers ya put up...good luck.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco