New D3100 resting @ 12.76

CJ18, you are absolutely right. 14.8 v is what the batt should be in a resting poistion. Also a trickle charger is pretty much useless except on low voltage batterys. And even if you have drained your battery it should NEVEr take more than 5 min to charge if your alternator is working correctly and you havent lost a cell.

truthsayer

WHy does the work cheap always come up? You will drop $500+ for subs, 500+ for amps, and another 500+ in batteries but then you want to buy a CHEAP charger???? XS Power makes a charger SPECIFICALLY for their batteries. Why wouldnt you run it? Cheap $50 charger vs $200 XS charger the is built SPECIFICALLY for XS POWER batteries. Big whoop you spent an extra $150 and now you know your batteries are going to be properly charged. Worth it to me.

A trickle charger wont put a full cycle charge into a battery, it is just meant to keep a float charge on the batteries. You need 15a to put a nice charge on a drained battery.

The one that baffles me even more is getting asked "Hey I want a 5k amp, can I go to walmart and grab a couple of batteries and be good?"

There is nothing cheap about car audio, unless you buy your system at walmart. I should say there is nothing cheap about quality car audio.

Its like buying a brand new lamborghini and running 87 octane in it! Lets spend $1500 for a nice amp and then cheap out and buy shitty batteries and expect the amp to perform well. Same goes for the batteries. Lets go drop $1000 on new batteries and then buy a cheap ass $50 charger at walmart that was designed to charge you normal car batteries. Shit just doesnt make sense to me.

anyone who says im cheap is a joke...considering my entire system is comprised of DD.

maybe i dont "care" about about this charger as much as everything else, and believe me everything else in my system is not cheap. so let me do me and you do you. I want a cheap charger.

The one that baffles me even more is getting asked "Hey I want a 5k amp, can I go to walmart and grab a couple of batteries and be good?"

There is nothing cheap about car audio, unless you buy your system at walmart. I should say there is nothing cheap about quality car audio.

Its like buying a brand new lamborghini and running 87 octane in it! Lets spend $1500 for a nice amp and then cheap out and buy shitty batteries and expect the amp to perform well. Same goes for the batteries. Lets go drop $1000 on new batteries and then buy a cheap ass $50 charger at walmart that was designed to charge you normal car batteries. Shit just doesnt make sense to me.

:deadhorse:

I don't know who said CTEK was cheap cause I have been running them for over a year and have had no problems. Granted I run the biggest one they offer. XS does make their chargers for their batteries but saying that's the only charger worth using on their batteries is retarded.

Vehicle
2007 Chevrolet Avalanche(Co-Co)

DNX9980HD
6 Team Fi 15's(King Edition)
3 DC 9k's
8 Nendo PWX 8's
4 Custom Steg 4" Super Tweeters
1 DC Audio 175.4
1 DC Audio 90.4
Rockford 360.3
3 DC Power 370xp Alts(Externally regulated)
21 D1600's
2 D4800's
All SMD RCA's
AudioTechnix Deadner
Viper Alarm

My YouTube- http://www.youtube.c...NG?feature=mhee
Link to buildlog- http://www.stevemead...4-15s-2-dc-9ks/
Link to UBL- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165059-ublkings-avalanchecoco-new-build-starting8-king-edition-15-team-fis-in-a-wallyes-a-wall/

96576a0.jpg

Banner3_zpsa237d00a.jpg

Archived