Who is at fault?!?!

if u had a place 2 take it 4 repair

then why did u send it 2 anyone?

I am going to guess because he was refered to them by DC audio, the people who made his amp. He trusted them, and got shat on.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

if you expected it to be returned in peanuts and bubble wrap why didn't you ship it to them with the same care and concern?...I mean they most likely shipped it back to you with the same packaging it came in...I can understand being upset if it wasn't repaired correctly but to bitch about how it was packaged when you packaged it that way to begin with is just ignorant...

like mentioned your shipping a $1000 amp in bath towels and thats it?...why not get some peanuts and bubble wrap from FedEx or UPS and ship it double boxed like anyone that was worried about it being damaged would?....It just seems like you want to bitch about the company in general...Maybe it was repaired but damaged during transit in the "packaging in which it was recieved"...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

So let me get this straight,

You felt confident packing it with towels and it was secure? ARC sends it back in towels? You get upset because they ship it back like you ship it to them? Now you want 80 back because they used your packing?

I would never ship a 1000+ dollar amp with towels. Did you double box it? Was that $80 for both shipping to ARC and return? You can't just half the story just so people with side with you.

I myself would expect better back... yes. If it was my company fixing it, it would come back like it came shipped from OEM. Maybe thats just me.

(EDIT- with that logic, he ships a broken amp to them, and should get a broken amp back?)

DOUBLE EDIT - ive shipped 4 amps to RF for repair in peanuts (i mean hell, they are broke right?), and they came back in bubble wrap... Again, no sides, just what ive delt with.

My question is that Rusty told you to use ARC for the repair?

Im taking NO sides. But i want to know if DC said to ship it to someone else for repair. Thats all.....

From my understanding he didn't send it to manufacture like you did with your amp. Is ARC supposed to carry the correct packing material for every amp that they repair? If ARC has to pay for correct packing, they're losing money. I guess ARC felt comfindent that he towels would hold up in transit like the OP was. Who knows ARC could have repaired it and it was working when they shipped it but since the OP didn't have the proper packing it broke in transit.

Dude you just need to stop, your ignorance is raging and it's got me raging. The point is, ARC is supposed to be a "Professional" company. They do not need to carry, every exact styrofoam shit that fits every single amp ever made. No, what they should do, is return it wrapped in bubble wrap, stuff into a box filled with peanuts, like professionals do. Now that I have seen more of this, I think DC is kinda dumb for sending you to someone with such a low rating, and ARC should give you your money back, and I mean the entire shipping costs because they didn't even fix it, and because of their unprofessionalism.

OHHHH, you're raging. I don't give fuck, get out of here with that and do you even know what "ignorance" mean? So ARC should have spent their money because OP didn't have the all the original packing material, including styrofoam and didn't want to pay for packing peanut/bubble wrap.

I don't put images in my signature to let people know I mean business.

If you sent the amp to them with towels you shouldn't be surprised that's how it was sent back. I mean I'm sure they could have used bubble wrap but if it appeared to be packaged well it's not necessary to re-wrap it and it's not their responsibility to dispose of your towel. BUT disregarding the packaging issue they didn't repair your amp that's the big issue, and while I spent 2 lines talking about wrapping I'd say ask for your money back, they didn't do what they were paid to do.

(Old Car) 1995 Volkswagon Golf MK3 2.0L:

Fi SP4 18 On A DC Audio 3.5K In A PWK Box

Hertz DSK 6" Speakers, Clarion HU

3x Fullriver 120aH AGM's, 225A Alt

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

Bit One, Rockford Amps, Audison Sub

Archived