opinions on spectre?

need opinions i currently have a spectre throttle body spacer and a KN air filter for my stock intake box. what i need to know is if a Cold air intake by spectre will be better than my KN filter for the stock box. I heard the KN even though its not a cold air intake will still be better. what do you guys think.

could buy a kn filter or one of similar quality and use spectra couplers and some piping to make your own cold air. just have to make it in a way that is simalr to one you can buy and you will get similar results for cheaper.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

i have spectre intake on my 5.3 and its okay. your throttle body spaces is a waste though it doesnt really do anything. if you want a real good cold air intake get you a volant if you wanna spend the money. other wise the k&n and the spectre will be fine.

99 Gmc sierra extended cab

front speakers: DB drive 6.5

back speakers: DB drive 6.5

amp: none right not

subs: none right now

Future

waiting to get my 2 skar vvw 8s installed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

if you leave the filter (spectre) out in the open engine compartment its not technically a cold air intake, its more of a hot air intake and that will hurt performance if anything.

stick with the stock airbox and k&n.

the only cool thing about a Cold air intake is the nice sound it makes at WOT. thats the only reason i bought mine and mine is a spectre and most of the year its mounted in my front bumper so it is a true cold air intake. winter time its back into the spot under the hood for hydrolock prevention lol

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

Archived