LukeYoung Posted December 31, 2012 Report Posted December 31, 2012 What you need is a s&w 500 and fu*k sh*t up! Dude get a viper 5704 for 200 bucks and install it at a shop for 100 to 150 if you can't. 300 bucks and it'll warn you and the s&w 500 is about 1200 and its a 5 shot and it'll take down an ellafant. 1998 Subaru Forester S DC 7.5K And DC 175.4 270XP DC Alternator One XS 5100R Three XS Power XP3000 All XS Power Wire Two SMD 18's I ONLY POUND BLOCKS AND PUSSY
n8ball2013 Posted December 31, 2012 Report Posted December 31, 2012 so the system is the one i have in SOTM , but now is gone. so could i still will now that my shit got jacked 1 day before? since you were robbed i see no reason to remove you. Ill have to talk to nick who runs it but it would be shitty to say sorry you dont have a system anymore. youre out, We may catch a bad rap for being assholes here but the truth of the matter is we arent. WE just run a tighter ship than most. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
SLYentist Posted December 31, 2012 Report Posted December 31, 2012 sorry to hear this. I was told a long time ago to never put decals on my car for that exact reason. maybe you can catch their tracks in the snow... Cables and wires almost never fail; the terminations do.
Derrick White Posted December 31, 2012 Report Posted December 31, 2012 That sucks man get a good alarm and order one of these decals. After you posted about gettin ripped off it inspired me to get one on ebay! I also have one of these in my yard but its a sign with the same gun that says "Never Mind The Dogs Beware Of Owner" Got it at harber frieight a few years back and never had a problem..
all4spl Posted December 31, 2012 Report Posted December 31, 2012 Stickers = STEAL ME sign, I only run them IF I can park my car in a garage. Other than that, I don't use them I have a couple now but my car stays garaged all the time and if that were to change I will remove them its that simple. Demoing to strangers also can get you jacked, as they can simply follow you home. I would get an alarm with a 2 way remote, and glass sensors as well as the typical stuff they come with. As for your insurance, call your agent again and double check if you are not happy with the answer ask for his/her boss usually that will get you the response you want unless you have only minimum insurance, if you have full coverage you should be covered on your system up to $1000, that is the usual standard among insurance companies I have found. GL with rebuilding! Retired from SPL again.... 2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db 2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder
Noel989 Posted December 31, 2012 Report Posted December 31, 2012 I think wether is good or cheap Decals or no If their after it their going to rob it My friends truck has been outside several days it has his truck crew name it takes the whole back nothing has happen to it My brother in law has always had stickers in his car and has no garage nothing haas happen I don't have stickers on my car but I do play music a lil loud when i go to store or get home (except walmart cause I don't shop their) Nothing had happen to it and alot of my brothers friends know My dads system got stolen like 20 years ago and he was careful with it Yea you do catch more attention with them but I guess it's just luck with or without stickers on it Build Log - http://www.stevemead...-cruiser-el-pt/
moh.vze.com Posted December 31, 2012 Report Posted December 31, 2012 I'm sorry for your misfortune before the new year. I think I'm going to save my decals for when I compete and go remove what I have on my vehicle now DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs
reelfish92 Posted December 31, 2012 Report Posted December 31, 2012 Sorry to hear about this. An alarm with the 2-way remote will help, but like others said, if they're willing to steal it then an alarm will only help to a certain point. I've parked outside with all my vehicles, have used Viper and Code Alarms ( 2 ways). I recommend pulling the rear of your truck up to a building (garage). Don't set traps in there though lol, there was a guy on a forum I read that put razor blades in his headunits wiring harness after being robbed. Lets just say the next time the headunit was taken out the thief cut tendens and stuff... I believe its a felony to set traps in a vehicle. I'm actually going to take some stickers off my car in a few minutes because I don't need anymore attention to my truck. Team Flatline AudioBuild Log: http://www.stevemead...-s10-build-log/YouTube ---> http://www.youtube.com/reelfish92
moh.vze.com Posted December 31, 2012 Report Posted December 31, 2012 I believe its a felony to set traps in a vehicle. Really? That is lame. DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs
reelfish92 Posted December 31, 2012 Report Posted December 31, 2012 As far as I know setting lethal traps on your property is illegal in all 50 states. You can set non lethal "booby traps" meaning lights, sensors, loud sirens etc.... I know the automatic sensor lights that people have on their property really do help to deter a thief, I'm getting some of those soon also. Team Flatline AudioBuild Log: http://www.stevemead...-s10-build-log/YouTube ---> http://www.youtube.com/reelfish92
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.