Jigsaw recommendation

If you have batteries already and you like cordless, or you are space limited, I like to use cordless jig saws.

If you have plenty of space and electrical cables hanging from the ceiling, go with corded.

I like the cordless dewalt alot it cuts cleanly and fast. Corded I love Bosch, they make a very nice jig saw

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

The Bosch's look nice, but pricey. I don't mind investing some extra cash in a nice tool if its gonna last, though. How is Bosch's reputation as far as durability? This tool will hardly be abused... So can I expect to still be using it 10 years down the road?

Thanks guys!

The Bosch's look nice, but pricey. I don't mind investing some extra cash in a nice tool if its gonna last, though. How is Bosch's reputation as far as durability? This tool will hardly be abused... So can I expect to still be using it 10 years down the road?

Thanks guys!

I've had a Bosch for 7 years no problems

Scion tC SQ Build

Ive destroyed 3 bosch jigsaws....then again, I guess it depends how much you use it and what you use it to cut...(the 3 I destroyed weren't mine, and were being used to cut 1/8"-1/4" steel.) But I would agree with most of the others on corded for sure.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Ive destroyed 3 bosch jigsaws....then again, I guess it depends how much you use it and what you use it to cut...(the 3 I destroyed weren't mine, and were being used to cut 1/8"-1/4" steel.) But I would agree with most of the others on corded for sure.

I use it just about once a week on wood nothing thicker than 3/4's

Scion tC SQ Build

Porter Cable Hands down, Bosch and Makita would be my 2nd choice ties

Corded for sure. Especially if you may find yourself cutting other materials with it besides wood, or even a hardwood, plexiglass, etc for who knows what ever audio project, or project around the home.

18volt lithium Ion or not, your going to hate a battery powered saw of anysort (circular saw, jig saw, sawzall), just with the lesser RPM and HP alone on a battery operated unit, its going to take cuts longer.

Also DeWalt tools suck, they are not what they use to be 5-10 years ago.

just curious, were are you getting this from?

Not saying they arent but anything dewalt i have ever had as never let me down and kept on going and going. have also used riobi, bosch and makita. Not nut huggin, just looking for enlightenment.

edit: i have seen a corded dewalt jig mow through 1.5in+ MDF like it was a hot knife through butter.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Archived