Second Skin Audio

8" subs are getting insane

Smoove

the hifonics hfi1000d at 2 ohms is rated for 750w. I will not tell you it's ok to run the sub above above SA recomendations. I will say proper tuning and good electrical is always a must. I personally am not a fan of $150-1000w amps.

Nice purchase on the SA 8.

Remember like the 90's where the 8inch subs had a magnet of a door speakers nowadays :P

2007 Volvo S40 2.4i (no turbo :( )(Soon XS Power D2400) Stock battery for nowRockford Fosgate 4 gaugeAudioque 6.5" Mid Bass (front)Rockford Fosgate T1 Tweets (front)Rockford Fosgate T2 6.5" Mids (rear)Rockford Fosgats T600-4 (Mids and highs)Rockford Fosgate P3001Fi SSD 12" with PSI recone, building box<p>400 watts, 139.3 @ 42 hz , in the kick window open. Build log!!http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/159148-2007-volvo-s40-audio-build-start-to-current-comment/

• 2 weeks later...

the hifonics hfi1000d at 2 ohms is rated for 750w. I will not tell you it's ok to run the sub above above SA recomendations. I will say proper tuning and good electrical is always a must. I personally am not a fan of $150-1000w amps.

Nice purchase on the SA 8.

Oh my gosh dude that sub is beautiful and has got a nice weight to it. plus, i figure the hifonics has a good name i hear around a lot of the forums, its built in america, has some nice adjustability to it, and if i buy it from amazon i can return it no questions asked for a full refund or replacement. I dont really plan to turn it up all the way to 750, it will probably hover somewhere around 300-400 most of the time. Its kind of funny how i spent more on my subwoofer than my amplifier but atleast im not buying sony xplod. Plan to break in the sa-8 for two months untill i get a new car on 200w at home since my truck crapped out on me.

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

I think 8" subs are the coolest things and when you can see an 8" outbeat a friends single/multiple 10 or 12s i think its definitely worth it. im in highschool so a lot of friends still dont know anything about subwoofers and they will buy like two pioneer 12s and a 800w pioneer amp and brag, but in reality they bought 2 cheapo 12s and have an amp that is only pushing something like 400w rms that cant touch mine. I think xmax on that sub is like 4.5mm lol. then dont get me started on pre built generic boxes.

2006 Ford Ranger XLT 3.0l-Rockford Fosgate 6x8s 3-ways- Sundown Audio SA-8- 3.64ft3 tline box in naked mdf- Kicker zx750.1- 0/1 Gauge wires- Pioneer head unit stuff to come:16 steve meade 18's7 rockford fosgate t15000bdcpa fleet of escaladeslol jk new car?

Archived