Sonic Electronix

Yeah I filled my lid. I'll post a pic in a bit. ALSO! I did peel n seal back in my more ignorant audio days, I did the whole lid. And I just got a pack of audio technix deadner in the mail. And let me tell you, stripping that peel n seal sucked DICK.

The foam goes all the way back, sealed the left, bottom, and right gaps.

photo2.jpg

Trunk deadened.

photo1.jpg

photo3.jpg

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Nah it didn't smell for me. And for the carcinogen thing, meh, don't really care, what DOESN'T give you cancer nowadays? Lol.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Why not just leave them up? Folding them down is for people who should just wall

I seat 6 still...... and do 151 sealed on the dash

But you have a big ass hole in your rear deck. It's not like your doing 151 from a stock trunk, let me see you do that without any modification to the rear deck.

edit: lol you cut your whole rear deck out

Very valid point.

Find me a vic body style that's louder..... not walled from the trunk mods or not!

So u think folding your seats down is less of a hinderence than cutting the whole in the deck? Really?

I didn't change the amount of people I sit, you do by folding the seat down.....

Next time ill buy a spl orientated vehicle to suit YOUR GUY's needs! :lol2:

Edit:

I could have easily unbolted my seats folded them down and fired my port forward with my 4th and probably been louder (no bend in the port always gains) that would be stock trunk

But that would be a waste! having a 6 person car seating 3.... or having to unbolt for every competition... every demo

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

I do believe he is saying you can't compare the extreme cutting you did to facilitate your stereo to others who have worked in the confines of their trunk ;)

And who cares if you can sit 6 people? I can too, along with 2 kegs of beer and while towing a 12k lb trailer while still slapping 50+ at 29hz. :D

Your setup is very nice, don't get me wrong, but it's an apple to most every ones orange ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I can seat 4 and have my center thing in the back seat folded down as my port into the cabin... And still be boomin 14X's + at 30hz .........

And I made ZERO modifications to my car. Most I did was cut a small hole in my front door panels to flush mount my tweeters. Everything else is exactly how Honda wanted it and besides my deadener I can return it all to 100% bone stock. Also even with my system I didn't lose any functionality of my car period.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

If Cortez and I both are saying don't..... There must be a reason. Or we're both idiots who don't know anything about car audio :).

I wouldn't doubt that :peepwall::rofl: just kidding. OP stay away from P&S it really serves no purpose and has been proven if you would like I will link you to a piece of reading material that should help.

I would like to see that link. And whats the consensus on P&S? Or is it based on a few people

that actually used and compared it. I'm not saying it's the best product to use. But what I am saying is

why judge on something with zero experience.. IMO..

X

MY BUILD LOG>>>> NAH I BETTER NOT..

I put around 8 of spray foam in my trunk(fender wells, rear dash, deck lid, ect) , double layer deadener, two sets of weather stripping on the deck lid. sealed up the trunk vets. My idea is to make the trunk into tomb lol.

3k power 2 12's(stock style setup) of power and virtually no trunk rattles

This was 2 12's facing forward 7-8k lol go to about :50

If Cortez and I both are saying don't..... There must be a reason. Or we're both idiots who don't know anything about car audio :).

I wouldn't doubt that :peepwall::rofl: just kidding. OP stay away from P&S it really serves no purpose and has been proven if you would like I will link you to a piece of reading material that should help.

I would like to see that link. And whats the consensus on P&S? Or is it based on a few people

that actually used and compared it. I'm not saying it's the best product to use. But what I am saying is

why judge on something with zero experience.. IMO..

X

But I've delt with peel and seal quite a few times, not seen many good results at all. And removing it from my car from the idiot previous owner was a bitch... Even though it was less then 5sq feet it took me the better part of an hour before I could replace it with audio Technix...

Also..... Second skin did very exact and scientific tests to prove 25% coverage of their product is more effective then 100% coverage and just as effective as 200% coverage (2 layers)..... So you need 2 layers of peel and seal to get what 25% of second skin can do........ And they also found that its cheaper to use second skin if you are considering the results the base line of what you want.

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

for my case for now i have 1 12 incher in the trunk....dont get me wrong this is just temporrary until i get another 15 incher, some batts and a alternator...

then seats down and (not wall) a big ass box firing towards the trunk

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Archived