Second Skin Audio

building box for decaf

DylanBunch

well its all a testing game when it comes to finding the right amount of box with the right amount of port and tuning. ive had a single t2 12 in a 3cuft box tuned to 38hz with roughly 13sq" of port per foot. sounded good and got low but to much box for the sub. put the same sub in a box that was 2cuft with about 13sq" of port tuned to 38hz and it sounded a little better on the lows and i gained roughly .3db. then thats when i ot a second t2 12 and built the box i mentioned in my last post. i think it would have done better with less port area then it had but it sounded realy good in the low-mid 30s but still less port would have helped in the lows better.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Just for reference here is a "cabin gain" compensated plot of the RF T215:

rft215.jpg

The blue curve is 3.25 cubes@38Hz (this is your current box)

The red curve is 2.75 cubes @32Hz

The yellow curve is 2 cubes@30Hz

Just for reference here is a "cabin gain" compensated plot of the RF T215:

rft215.jpg

The blue curve is 3.25 cubes@38Hz (this is your current box)

The red curve is 2.75 cubes @32Hz

The yellow curve is 2 cubes@30Hz

would be interesting to see the same size box but with different tuning. an explanation would be nice to. not exactly sure of what info can come from this graph.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

wait, why is everyone hating on the t2??? That is a very capable sub.

I'm not hating, but an HX2 Power(let alone TEAM Power) it is NOT. I think his box is tuned too high and that a low-mid 30s tune with correct amount of port and airspace would be good enough :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

There will be nothing that ever compares to the old school RF Power HX2 or TRF Power HX2, the simple fact that one could take a beating and come back for more with an Fs of I believe mid 20's they were just beasts. When rebuilt you end up with a powerful driver for a fraction of the cost of anything in it's power range.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived