New company Ampere Audio 3500.1 guts

Steve Barber

At the same or similar price point. Id bet most people will stick with what's already out there and what their familiar with. If you're gonna charge sundown money why wouldn't I just buy sundown?

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

you break into the market and establish a name by undercutting the competitions price with a similar/compareable product, because at the same price point people will just go with what they know....tried and true over unknown and new....after you have established your on par with or in the ballpark of your competition that's when you can start to increase your price point...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

We will see what the price point ends up being. I got a good deal on this being it was a prototype so I was wiling to take the risk knowing it was basically a saz3500… Like it was pointed out earlier it is exactly the same as the sundown made by the same build house with the exception of the red filters over the blue.

I might be willing to test out one these amps. But Im still not sure, kinda seems sketchy at best at this point.

What is sketchy about it? Every company has to start somewhere. The owner has used zenon based amps for over 10 years with no failures so decided they would be the build house for his company.

I hope they make it in this very competitive market.

We will see what the price point ends up being. I got a good deal on this being it was a prototype so I was wiling to take the risk knowing it was basically a saz3500… Like it was pointed out earlier it is exactly the same as the sundown made by the same build house with the exception of the red filters over the blue.

Bingo

XS-power1.jpg

So, for a new unproven company, it seems like an $800 price tag is a bit high compared to other similar amps on the market.

Comments or thoughts about that?

Really? How much is the msrp on a saz3500? $1549... $799 for a high quality zenon based amp is not high. This amp will out perform aq, crescendo, and be on par with the saz3500v2. Now that sundown has moved to a new build house for the v3 does that mean their amps will be unproven?

How can you be sure it will out perform the nendo and AQ? I have 2 AQ 3500s at .7 strapped daily, we clamped them at 9466 watts at 10.6v! Rising to about 1-1.2 ohm

2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0

a1c59399-4196-4eaa-b853-46c1480ed3ab.jpg

Build Log

UBL My YouTube channel

So, for a new unproven company, it seems like an $800 price tag is a bit high compared to other similar amps on the market.

Comments or thoughts about that?

Really? How much is the msrp on a saz3500? $1549... $799 for a high quality zenon based amp is not high. This amp will out perform aq, crescendo, and be on par with the saz3500v2. Now that sundown has moved to a new build house for the v3 does that mean their amps will be unproven?

Who pays msrp?

Archived