Sonic Electronix

I wanted to take a moment to introduce my good friend, Bing's new venture. Like most of us, Bing has had the passion to build his whole life. And for the past several years has been knocking out some of the best installs i've seen and heard out of his garage. With hard work he is finally stepping up from the trenches and making his dream a reality.

I wanted to take this chance to say Congrats to my friend for being able to take his work from a small garage to a full time shop. I wish his the absolute best in this and I hope anyone in the area stops in to say hi, look around the shop, and support his business and dream.

Here is what he posted over on Diyma:

Dear Friends,

Wow! Time flies! I can’t believe its been almost six years since I first joined DIYMA…I can still vividly remember the very first build log post I made here as if it was yesterday. Over these years, I can honestly say I have greatly enjoyed my time learning new fabrication techniques and car audio knowledge, making countless friends and diving back into the realm of car audio meets and competitions. Along the way, I tried my best to help anyone who asks for assistance within my very limited abilities and experience. I can truly and honestly say that without you guys and this fantastic forum, Simplicity In Sound and myself wouldn’t be anywhere near what we are today. For that, I give you all a heartfelt THANK YOU!

So, it is with the greatest pleasure and excitement that I am here to announce, after seven years of operating out of my tiny two car garage, Simplicity In Sound will be moving into a 2700 square foot facility in Milpitas, CA!!!!!!

Some of you may be wondering why I am taking this step which will result in more overhead expenses and a far longer commute, please allow me to explain. As many of you know, for the past few years I have always run a very long waiting list, the tipping point came about six months ago after I had just told another interested potential client that I would LOVE to do his car, but he would need to wait about 11 months for it to happen; sensing his disappointment and knowing that I likely have just lost my seventh sale in the last three weeks, I finally decided it is time to expand. Furthermore, I feel that I have just about reached the pinnacle of can be accomplished in the confines of my garage; there are many techniques and skills I want to learn and incorporate but simply do not have the space for extra equipment.

Perhaps the single most important step in the entire process was to locate another installer to work with; and from the very beginning I was determined to find not an employee, but a business partner. Someone who has equal or more skills than myself, endowed with the same sense of attention to detail and professional responsibility, and a desire to take the Simplicity In Sound name into the long term future.

I am supremely ecstatic to say I exceeded even my own wildest expectations in this regard. In a few short weeks, Mr. Joey Knapp will be relocating all the way from FLORIDA to the sunny (and dry) Northern California. Joey has long been one of the most respected installers in the industry, his level of craftsmanship and skill set are MILES above my own; additionally, what I really appreciate about him is that like me, he doesn’t come from a traditional car audio background. Though endowed with over 20 years of experience as an installer, Joey has a Master’s Degree from the University of Florida and previously worked full time as an elementary school computer teacher; while spending his summers and spare time as a “hired top-gun” for local shops on their custom projects. As I grew to know him better, I realized that he fits perfectly into my own ethos of honesty, integrity and quality.

I have uploaded a small compilation Joey’s past work onto my site, and you can check them out in the second post below. Keeping in mind that his previous location in rural FL featured vastly different demographics and thus dictated a different style of work; pay close attention to the subtle details, the fit and finish and overall quality of execution and you will see why I am so impressed.

He currently is on DIYMA as Joey Knapp, but that may become Joey @ Simplicity In Sound soon.

Just a few of the new things that we will be able to accomplish with Joey’s arrival are:

• Metal Fabrication (want to pull your car by your amp rack?)

• SPL-centric builds with more advanced enclosure designs

• Advanced trim, template and fabrication techniques

• More show car style builds

In other words, virtually anything a consumer would want, we can now do…I only hope to absorb and learn a fraction of these skills over the next few years.

The final piece of the puzzle came in the form of a generous and understanding investor. With his financial assets, we will have long term financial stability and purchasing power to acquire the shop space, tools and equipment needed to take the shop to the next level.

With the announcement portion out of the way, I would like to ask for your help in spreading the news. The biggest changes will be, we can now take on cars with far less wait time, offer out the door sales on equipment and accessories, perform simple builds (i.e. headunit install and/or sub box and amp only), work on multiple vehicles at the same time, and incorporate far more advanced fabrication techniques; five key things that I lacked the ability to do previously.

Of course, the one aspect that will remain constant is our dedication: we will still photo document everything to show proof of integrity, we will still treat everyone with the utmost respect and honesty, and we will still update the customers with regular emails during the course of the build and we will ALWAYS strive to achieve the best overall quality and attention to detail.

I strongly believe that our core values, abilities and services will make us stand out in the Bay Area, and I need your help in spreading that belief.

If you have a Facebook account, please click on the link below to “Like” our page, and if you wish, give Joey a warm welcome on both FB and here on this thread at the same time.

https://www.facebook...mplicityinsound

On a final note, here are some pictures of the space we will be moving into. Over the next month we will be making tenant improvements, building a fabrication room, adding tools and fixtures in order to have a grand opening late February or early March. I will keep you all updated via email and FB announcements. Our FB page and website will be enhanced and rebuilt over this time period as well.

shp1.JPG

shp2.JPG

shp3.JPG

shp4.JPG

shp5.JPG

Thank you for taking the time to read this! Can’t wait to post up the new build logs once we start rolling!

Cheers,

Bing

Home

Here is just a small sample of the work done by Joey in the past few years. Some of the projects were in conjunctions with others at Pinnacle Autosound, as well as Doug Gibson at of Coastal Motorsports.

joey1.JPG

joey2.JPG

joey3.JPG

joey4.JPG

joey4.JPG

joey5.JPG

joey6.JPG

joey7.JPG

joey8.JPG

joey9.JPG

joey10.JPG

joey11.JPG

IMG]http://simplicity.el....org/joey12.JPG[/img]

joey13.JPG

joey13.JPG

joey14.JPG

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

joey15.JPG

joey16.JPG

joey17.JPG

joey18.JPG

joey19.JPG

joey20.JPG

joey21.JPG

joey22.JPG

joey23.JPG

joey24.JPG

joey25.JPG

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

joey26.JPG

joey27.JPG

joey28.JPG

joey29.JPG

joey30.JPG

joey31.JPG

joey32.JPG

joey33.JPG

joey34.JPG

joey35.JPG

joey36.JPG

joey37.JPG

joey38.JPG

joey39.JPG

joey40.JPG

joey41.JPG

joey42.JPG

Congrats to your friend Bill

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Someone is close to San Jose hmmm..... I'll make sure to stop by whenever I'm around the neighborhood. Congrats to your friend!

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db