Second Skin Audio

Is Subwoofer Flex Bad?

SixTwoRado

Alright you guys I've tried to research this, but I'm looking for some schooling from the more experienced. I know cabin flex isn't necessarily good even though a lot of people think it's cool, including myself haha. I was watching one of the movies I posted of my new sub setup and am realizing that it looks like my sub itself is actually flexing side to side sort of. I cant imagine this being good. Is this bad? Or is it just a result of the camera not properly recording the lower bass frequencies. Kind of like the sub is doing a wave motion.

My sub setup is an SA-12 wired to 1 ohm getting roughly 1,000 watts RMS from a Sundown SAZ-1000D. The box is 1.75 cubes at 34hz and I have it tuned with my DD-1 and no bass boost or any of that. Plenty of electrical backup now with the new D5100 and all zero gauge. Am I over working the sub if I see side to side flex in videos of it?

BTW, sub sounds amazing in person and hits hard and clean. Still loosening up the suspension I think though, but everything sounds fine mechanically.

You can see it at about the 5:20 mark in my video here.

Yes. It's VERY bad.

Get that fixed before it causes a fire

I'm kidding :P

Just an artifact of the camera. That doesn't actually happen, it just looks like it does because of the way it captures the video. Nothing to worry about

It's the camera not being able to reproduce the sub movement.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Damn you guys thanks for the quick replies and info. And damn snow drifter you actually scared the crap out of me for a second. Well Im glad I know this know. I've watched my sub before and never seen it do that and then was watching my video and saw it and kind of started tripping. I thought it might be something to do with the fps or something. Looks cool on camera. I might try some other videos with my gopro to see what it looks like.

I'll be more specific, it's the anti-shake in your camera that is built in to keep your unsteady movements while recording something more stable looking so you don't get vertigo or something like that from watching the video. The sub is screwing with the anti-shake

If you notice when you watch the windshield your hood and wiper do the same thing. Nothin to worry about :)

needbasssig.gif
My Build Log

j84l.jpg

Heros get remembered, but legends never die.

Archived