Second Skin Audio

Is Subwoofer Flex Bad?

SixTwoRado

Here's a good example of it since the subs are in a wall and you can really see the effect. Some camera capture the frame from top to bottom instead of all at once. And in the delay in gathering the information from the top of the image sensor to the bottom, the sub woofers will have moved just a bit(or even gone through a full cycle and now they are back in a similar position to where they were before).

Like this video. It looks like the subs are doing the wave, and that they are all playing out of phase. But they really aren't

And just to put my money where my mouth is: it's not just subs that do that.

Skip to 0:45. This is my own car and I can tell you the windows to NOT look like that in person. The whole window moves as one solid piece, not wavy how it looks

BTW your truck is clean as hell

Agreed. You're truck is beautiful, man.

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
DC Audio lvl3 w/ lvl4 upgrade, 18''
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
300amp Singer with VCM @14.5
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy.

Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......
Yeah.. like i said, nothing in my life. :shrug: meh, im cool with it, fuck it.

Damn thanks for the info guys and thanks for the comments on my truck. I've put a crap ton of work into it besides just the system. Ill do a build thread on here soon. Our trucks aren't the most popular for bolt on aftermarket parts likes toyotas, chevys, fords, etc. So there is a pretty tight knit group of us that are really involved with the nissans. My system is nothing as crazy as many of yours, but it sounds awesome and gets pretty loud now, I have OCD so everything has to be clean. That actually looks pretty cool in that wall video ^. It's really dramatic there.

Here's a good example of it since the subs are in a wall and you can really see the effect. Some camera capture the frame from top to bottom instead of all at once. And in the delay in gathering the information from the top of the image sensor to the bottom, the sub woofers will have moved just a bit(or even gone through a full cycle and now they are back in a similar position to where they were before).

Like this video. It looks like the subs are doing the wave, and that they are all playing out of phase. But they really aren't

This is one of my favorite YouTube vids just cause it looks so awesome!

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Judging by the hand...are you 94 years old?

Haha I know my hand looks f'ed up in the video. It normally does not look like that though hahaha. I think its cause the sun was to my left or something and shadowing. Plus I had just went surfing like 2 hours before that, not sure why my hand looks so jacked. Im 21 haha

Archived