Diffrent design woofer

Wow,let me say first,long time ago that i posted something on the SMD Forum!In the car audio section i have a topic some where,all about MTX from The Netherlands,yes i am Dutch.So i hope mine English is good enough!Now that the car is ready for a long time i am focussing some more on the audio at home.

I mad a new woofer box with a BR port in it with compoments of the Rel Quake 1.

dsc0039ip.jpg

dsc0041ld.jpg

Then the winter came,the days got darker,bored as hell somethimes,so i disapeard into the basment for a new sub! :D

And i wanted something diffrent than a square like design so i made it round !It took a lot of work but the sound is amazing!It picks up every bassline possible in a song or in a movie.It contains a Clarion 10 inch long trow woofer,about 350 rms i believe.And powerd by a JVC activ subwoofer module.And that one is onley 100 wats,so when i upgrade the subb amp it can onley get better !The base of the woofer is filled with sand for better standig en killing the fibrations to the floor.Too bad a lot of pictures went lost when mine phone went for repair and backup was not possible :(

52187119.jpg

72288274.jpg

54113413.jpg

dsc0042ro.jpg

Let me know what you guys from around the other side of the world think of mine creation !

And i want to build a sub with a 12 or 10 inch woofer and a 10 inch passive radiator,also for home use.You guys got any design or woofer ideas?

I would like to use some fake leather,skai,maybe some kind of adhesive foil or plexiglas i already have some.Left from something else.

Love it when some one hit me up with some ideas !! :D

Greetz from The Netherlands

Thnx guys!Quick response also hehe ^ ^

That was the idea @ first mttornquist! But i was scared that the roundness will go away and become a weird shape :P

But when you are going to do,please let me know ! i will folow that build !

I forget to mention that i liv with mine mother,so i have a small room.A big box is not a option :P

Dimensions of the white box are around max.Maybe a bit higher.

Maybe a kind of a tube?Or a piller with really rounded off edges?Downfiring sub with pr at front?

Too many options,not enough refounds xD hahaha :D

That must have been some work!

Have you used Skai before? It's a very strong product but there's barely any stretch in it, just a heads up.

pod looks really good...

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Thnx for the thumbs up guys!

That must have been some work!

Have you used Skai before? It's a very strong product but there's barely any stretch in it, just a heads up.

i have used skai many times before and it dont stretch much in deed.but i want to do a part of the new sub in skai hand the rest with...

Maybe a foil wit black wood\finer motiv or maybe brushed aluminiumfoil.Thats why i ask you guys for ideas :D

The idea for the round sub at first came from the 'death star subwoofer' and then from the b&w pv-1.

So ideas for the new one can also come from a other woofer and then with mine touch: D

Archived