benefits of building over buying

Corsair ftw on PSU, my 750 has been running strong for 5 years with no issues.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

for 135 i'd go with something better known for reliability, asus or gigabyte.

that way if you have a problem, you could always post on here and beaker and i can troubleshoot

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

my asrock board is fantastic. specifically this one, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157279

handles my 4.5ghz i5 nicely.

whats the benefits of running a intel over a amd processor, I've heard and read intel is better but honestly what is the difference since I've seen amd fan boys saying its just intel fan boys wanting to run those over the amd

many games and applications (from what i've heard) are optimized for intel processors. like starcraft 2.

I think im going to go i5 processor paired with either an intel or asus motherboard. (kranny your link didn't work for me, could be my computer) i liked the asrock z77 motherboard though from reviews and specs.

as far as ram goes im assuming 8gb will be enough. At microcenter they have Corsair 8gb for $58 or the crucial ballistix is cheaper but they have a 16 gb for $70

edit: found a gskill 8gb (2 4gb) for $60 if that would be better than the corsair

Possibly, but 4 in a row of anything blowing up when you plug it in, I wouldnt want to use it anymore ever. I've had friends go with them with the same results, but that was about 5 years ago, also the earthwatts series. Havent had any issues with the Coolermaster stuff.

3 in a row OCZ psu's went up with me, followed by a thermaltake that lasted roughly a week. shoulda went with the corsair to begin with

intel processors (k series if you want to play with overclocking)

corsair or gskill ram

nvidia graphics cards (for the drivers, otherwise the hardware goes blow for blow with ATI)

and anything i got laying around for a case, not excluding cardboard boxes, until i get fed up with it and buy whatever looks good for the price at that time.

and anything that's not strictly air to cool the cpu

Edit:

hardcare asus fan for motherboards, really like my asus monitors and old trusty asus laptop as well.

Edit 2.

unless you need the parts NOW. shop newegg.com and tigerdirect.com

Archived