Second Skin Audio

HDC4-12 Info

OrionStang

i typically don't play it a whole lot daily.. but even tuned at 44 i can still play down 35 with authority .. im doing right at a 48.xx on the dash right now peaking at 44 haven't seen what i actually do down lower yet..im sure tuned mid 30's you could reach into 20's with them

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

they dig deep down low only if you're tuned low though but tuning low with these subs is kinda pointless since their geared more towards higher frequency setups, you'd be sacrificing a whole lot of top end tuning down low with these.

edit: Let me rephrase that statement, they dig deep down low in what I believe is anything below 30hz when you're tuned low, tune to 36hz they will still get low just don't expect them to hold up too well mechanically below 26hz.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

You are so wrong it hurts. Stop taking. Again.

please tell me how I am wrong since I have absolutely no experience with these subs or any subs similar to these? (sarcasm intended)

why don't you go tell everyone else that says the same thing about these subs that they are all wrong?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

please tell me how I am wrong since I have absolutely no experience with these subs

Ken I can't speak for the HDC4's

Stop talking out your ass, seriously. Every time you try acting like you know what you're talking about I facepalm till my nose bleeds. Just because you drive a cavalier does not mean you know anything about a corvette. These subs can get low and responsive, and no you don't tune low to do that. First your thought of tuning low to play low is simple for lack of a nicer word. These are not the only subs with stiff suspension and high fs, it's going to come down to enclosure and acoustics. I don't even know why I waste time with you, your posts are either retarded ramblings or copy information from other people.

There are A LOT of 12" subs that came with a 4" voicecoil. And have been around for awhile to be honest. And I don't see it being a big issue to issue 12" subs with 4" coils. The area I see it being an issue is where most off the shelf baskets you will lose a bit of excursion with standard 8" spider, so unless the company doesn't use off the shelf baskets, and designs it's own products...shouldn't be an issue. Like with AQ ;)

But coil diameter isn't going to be the end all of thermal ability anyways. There's a LOT to look at, like windings for one instance. That being said, if it's for the stang I would want to look at space. These guys can be tuned high with enough air space and play low with ease. Hope this helps your decision ken

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Thanks, space is one of the issues I have. If these like big enclosures, I don't have the space. Especially when I tune to 32-33, my car's sweet spot. But if they will be fine in 2cu ft each, I can do that.

It is a 9.25" spider landing, not 8". So thats a plus.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

please tell me how I am wrong since I have absolutely no experience with these subs

Ken I can't speak for the HDC4's

Stop talking out your ass, seriously. Every time you try acting like you know what you're talking about I facepalm till my nose bleeds. Just because you drive a cavalier does not mean you know anything about a corvette. These subs can get low and responsive, and no you don't tune low to do that. First your thought of tuning low to play low is simple for lack of a nicer word. These are not the only subs with stiff suspension and high fs, it's going to come down to enclosure and acoustics. I don't even know why I waste time with you, your posts are either retarded ramblings or copy information from other people.

There are A LOT of 12" subs that came with a 4" voicecoil. And have been around for awhile to be honest. And I don't see it being a big issue to issue 12" subs with 4" coils. The area I see it being an issue is where most off the shelf baskets you will lose a bit of excursion with standard 8" spider, so unless the company doesn't use off the shelf baskets, and designs it's own products...shouldn't be an issue. Like with AQ ;)

But coil diameter isn't going to be the end all of thermal ability anyways. There's a LOT to look at, like windings for one instance. That being said, if it's for the stang I would want to look at space. These guys can be tuned high with enough air space and play low with ease. Hope this helps your decision ken

How am I talking out of my ass? if i'm talking out of my ass then I guess some of the top installers that I know of are also talking out of there ass, i'm talking from my personal experience with HDC3's and XFL's which are two very similar subs, when did I say they don't get low? what makes you so much smarter than everyone else? all I said was they aren't best suited for lows, they like big boxes, they respond better to 34-38hz tuning, please tell me what I said wrong there? I would like to know since when is a sub with a fs of 43hz more suited lows than a sub with an fs of 30hz? you come off as a real fucking dick too man, all I gave was my personal opinion from experience and reading a lot online and you come in here telling me to stop talking and saying I talk out of my ass? why don't you try to correct my statement like a civilized human being instead of babbling about face palms and such holy shit?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

since when are AQ woofers only meant for higher frequencies? LOL. may i direct you to this video?

may I direct you to this video also?

I never said they don't get low, I never said they are "only meant for higher frequencies" I said they're geared more towards higher frequency setups, again that's just my opinion from my personal experience with this sub and other subs similar to it, this setup is my friends setup and it's probably one of the nastiest 2 12's setups i've ever heard, tuned to 30hz but doesn't pick up much above 42hz.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived