Sonic Electronix

Skar, Obsidian and Sundown subs are designed by the same man, but this designer (the bos of sundown) says they are really not the same. Who to trust ?!!

Go with the Sundown sa, but be careful about the VC config you get : DVC 1 if you run 2 subs on that amp(it's enough power for 2 SA subs) or DVC2 if you run a single 15" (that would be a lot of power too, be gentle with the gain !).

If you're on a small budget, get a single 15" and a good box : you'll love it ! Tune around 34 Hz.

You can find people here for a good design or go to ram designs (google for the website).

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Skar, Obsidian and Sundown subs are designed by the same man, but this designer (the bos of sundown) says they are really not the same. Who to trust ?!!

Go with the Sundown sa, but be careful about the VC config you get : DVC 1 if you run 2 subs on that amp(it's enough power for 2 SA subs) or DVC2 if you run a single 15" (that would be a lot of power too, be gentle with the gain !).

If you're on a small budget, get a single 15" and a good box : you'll love it ! Tune around 34 Hz.

You can find people here for a good design or go to ram designs (google for the website).

Just because they are designed by the same person doesn't mean it's the exact same sub. Google images aof all 3 and compare. Also, SA's don't come in D1's stock.

And what's wrong with type R's people?? Too mainstream?

Just because they are designed by the same person doesn't mean it's the exact same sub. Google images aof all 3 and compare. Also, SA's don't come in D1's stock.

And what's wrong with type R's people?? Too mainstream?

Fi SSD can be had for the same price as your beloved Type R and its a much better sub....

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Plus the type R's can't be re-coned as easily, I've got one blown sitting in a chair wishing I could re-cone it without gambling on a $70 e-bay re-cone kit that I have no idea if it will work or not....

25d9cf71-fff8-4b67-a8f5-28c80d5ea859_zps7d3fe7f6-90c4-4939-b709-43f0e5812212_zps

2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback (build in progress)

NVX Sound Deadener (Front Doors)
Stinger FAST Rings

Stock Electrical

SSA Evil 6.5's Front Speakers
Stock rear speakers

MB Quart ONX4.80 speaker amp
Rockford Fosgate T-1500bdcp
DC Level 4 12" D1 @ 2-ohm
Box In Design Stage
Stock Radio
My Build Log

you're going to get a lot of nut-huggers saying go with this or go with that, but that's normal.

with those two choices, I would go with the SA-15. I too have a small car and it's amazing what just a single 12 can do on proper power and box

Archived