Second Skin Audio

Local box designers

TeamHT

I'm doing another small competition with some local (local to the site) members and grabbing designs to build and test. I'm hoping you participate this time ;)

Two sundown SA 15"s on 1500 watts rms

44W x 24D x 20H.

In the back of a gmc envoy

Sub up port back

Tuned to 34Hz

Pm your designs or email and I'll contact you. I won't be building them but will be putting them all on the termlab :)

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

It's not that that hard now buddy. I get designs/cut sheets/whatever. I give said information to local builders. I own equipment, amp, and will be having a volunteer buddy's envoy. I own termlab and will meter the enclosures to compare the scores ;)

i'm staying tuned in for this!

Should be pretty fun. Last time I did it, it was just pm'd to a couple local designers, 412cvx included. His design was ok, but out of 4 designs metered the lowest two 15" BTLs on 1500 watts. Sadly I have 0 time with a 70-75 hour a week schedule not including side projects. But you know, a lot of people play around and I'm interested in seeing what's out there again.

how are you going to be doing the test? just curious. like...highest on the TL, period? or just post the scores of a range of frequencies at set intervals? i may PM a design but not sure how to go about designing it. just for high scores....or high scores at low frequencies and whatnot

All of the above. Loudest overall. Scores at set frequencies, loudest at lowest frequency, all legal sealed on the dash

Archived