Jump to content

Business must be good to throw away customers


Recommended Posts

Posted

This is kinda a mini rant, and this is not directed at anyone in particular or any company in particular because I have had this happen a couple times in the past year.

So I am looking for an item, I find a couple different makers of said item and then submit a request/inquiry to said person/company. Now you would think in today's economy the response would be swift and informative. However from my recent discovery these people/companies must be flourishing greatly because not only have I not gotten a response but even after MULTIPLE emails/website forms still nothing. And yes I understand while I have been involved in the car audio hobby/sport/industry for over 25 years I am no one special. I am really not asking for a deal/free stuff I am asking about a product I want to buy and instead I get a cold shoulder? Maybe my money isn't good enough? I dunno!

To me having worked at several small businesses this just shows not only a lack of communication but a total lack of respect for the customer. And as many of us know, word of mouth is a POWERFUL tool that can make or break you. No matter how much you spend on marketing, how much you spend on spreading the word, if you treat people badly you will eventually lose customers. I guess maybe I am weird but maybe just maybe business is so good in our industry that they can just turn away customers by ignoring them.

End rant.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

 

‎

Posted

I dislike that when a company puts out it's black friday ad for the month or so letting everyone know what the prices will be. Then on the last few days raise the discount even more from 15% to 25%. Then have the audacity to want to charge you a restocking fee for an unopened/refused delivery package.

Alpine PDX-V9


Morel Tempo 6


Alpine SBR-S8-4


Alpine CDE 149BT



Posted

you're still complaining about that? boo hoo. You bought the item at the sale price. not the sale on a sale price. any company is going to charge you a restocking fee for placing an order and then trying to reverse it when you found a better deal.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

you're still complaining about that? boo hoo. You bought the item at the sale price. not the sale on a sale price. any company is going to charge you a restocking fee for placing an order and then trying to reverse it when you found a better deal.

They do a restocking fee no matter what. What I'm saying is that, it's bad, the item isn't open, the package would be refused delivery. I can see if it's opened, used and then no longer wanted, sure a restocking fee should be done. But for a unused, still boxed item it's absurd.

What companies have you seen put out a black friday ad for the month for a certain discount percentage then at the last couple days raise the discount percentage? I'd be pissed if I spent 2 grand on some upgrades at the beginning of the sale, then realize they added a bigger discount sale the last few days. Would you? Probably not since you wouldn't be able to see what happened to you.

Alpine PDX-V9


Morel Tempo 6


Alpine SBR-S8-4


Alpine CDE 149BT



Posted

It's their company they can do want they want

Don't see the big deal don't like go to the next

Exactly, and that's what I did.

Alpine PDX-V9


Morel Tempo 6


Alpine SBR-S8-4


Alpine CDE 149BT



Posted

you're still complaining about that? boo hoo. You bought the item at the sale price. not the sale on a sale price. any company is going to charge you a restocking fee for placing an order and then trying to reverse it when you found a better deal.

They do a restocking fee no matter what. What I'm saying is that, it's bad, the item isn't open, the package would be refused delivery. I can see if it's opened, used and then no longer wanted, sure a restocking fee should be done. But for a unused, still boxed item it's absurd.

What companies have you seen put out a black friday ad for the month for a certain discount percentage then at the last couple days raise the discount percentage? I'd be pissed if I spent 2 grand on some upgrades at the beginning of the sale, then realize they added a bigger discount sale the last few days. Would you? Probably not since you wouldn't be able to see what happened to you.

you made them pay shipping both ways. and there were plenty of companys that had better sales leading up to xmas than on black friday.

:)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2939 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...