My friends 3000 watt system O.o

I would like to see some independent tests done on that amp.

To see how close or far away from the rated output the real output is.

Also if it is any significant amount of wattage what crappy parts is it made out of haha

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

I wouldn't tell him what to do, Carbon. He's louder and you know it

Lol

Like Kylar said, I think they key to helping him would me constructive criticism. It might suck, by our standards, but I'm sure your friend likes it and no one liked to be told that something they like sucks

Also if it is any significant amount of wattage what crappy parts is it made out of haha

Close enough?

Okay guys so my friend told me he just built a sick 3000 watt system. I found a few flaws with it lol, Should I be a good friend and lend him some advice or just tell him its cool. :D

Note the sock in the box LOL

lCJk1V.jpg

r1Y7Cr.jpg

I will say that amp LOOKS really beefy and impressive... lol if I didn't know any better I probably would have gone with that amp too just off of looks... but I know looks aren't always everything in this industry lol if it looks really cool and flashy more than likely it actually sucks cuz they were just tryina focus on looks same as with alot of other electronic industries.

damn... as a matter of fact when I was first starting out I probably also woulda jumped headlong at that sub too... my criteria when I first started out when I was looking for a sub was a sub that had the most of the rubber on the edges which I don't know what it's called... I figured the more of that it has the more flex the sub can do and the more flex the sub can do the better the sub was and the louder it could get lol (I know better now)

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Close enough?

Yeah that was pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

I knew BOSS was a pretty iffy company, but to advertise that much of an inflated number...

This also makes me wanna go check the Kenwood KAC-9105D I have layin around to see my dollar/watt on it.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived